Sign in to follow this  
Ric Dean

Trunk Molding NewCarTake-Off I.D. help needed

Recommended Posts

Trunk? Molding NewCarTake-Off  help needed maybe 1960s? I have had it for decades but I’m still at a loss what it’s for.  It has the original silver painted insert. Note distinctive odd shape at the ends. Thanks for looking , Ric

Trunk Mldg1960s 1 22b 600p .jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 1 24b 600p .jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 13b 600p .jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 18b 600p.jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 19b 600pb .jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 25, 600p .jpg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Thank you, I think you are close. I have been scouring the internet last week for similar year and model. Never realized that Back End Car photos are hard to find.

In comparing  a 67 Dodge Dart’s molding you submitted, mine looks to have less of a sweep towards each end. Mine also appears to be wider away from each end at 2’’and the straight across length is 49'’.


Could be mine is from another model MoPar? I am posting a Dart GT photo to show that model also has the same surround molding as the one you submitted except the added GT Filler Panel. I checked the internet for 1964-1970 Dodge & Plymouth - Small and Full Size models nothing similar turns up.


Thank you,

1969 Dodge Dart GT Convt blue back 1.47 600p .jpg

Trunk Mldg1960s 19b 600pb .jpg

Edited by Ric Dean (see edit history)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this