TexRiv_63

1963 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe

Since I have just purchased a 1934 Chevy, I have decided to sell my 1963 Oldsmobile Starfire which I have owned almost 9 years. It is a very nice driver quality car loaded with the 345 hp. 394, Roto Hydramatic, 3.42 Anti-Spin, dual exhaust, cold factory A/C, power steering, brakes, windows, antenna, seat, rear defogger, Wonderbar radio with foot tuner, Guidematic. Rebuilt engine, transmission, suspension and brakes.  89,000 miles. Repainted, detailed underhood, very nice trim and interior, alloy wheels with wide tires plus originals included. Also includes window sticker, owners manual and shop manual. If interested PM me with your e-mail for a Dropbox link to over 100 photos and a detailed fact sheet. Asking $16,900.

1.JPG

3.JPG

7.JPG

10.JPG

12.JPG

16.JPG

22.JPG

35.JPG

42.jpg

44a.JPG

• Like 1

Never seen one of these before but dang, what an attractively styled car!

• Thanks 1

That seems like a very good price for a car that nice. Ac is a big plus and the big motor. Nice car.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Licespray said:

Never seen one of these before but dang, what an attractively styled car!

There seems to be a million Cutlass's and 442's out there but the mid 60s Starfires are a pretty well kept secret and are comparatively rare. At most cruise-ins and shows I have the only full size Olds there, it gets a lot of attention.

3 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

There seems to be a million Cutlass's and 442's out there but the mid 60s Starfires are a pretty well kept secret and are comparatively rare. At most cruise-ins and shows I have the only full size Olds there, it gets a lot of attention.

I can see why it does. Love that stripe down the side.

We never had Oldsmobile as a dealer down here in aus unfortunately. I love the 1966 toronado and 1969/1970 442’s. Actually I like pretty much all 442’s except for the 1990’s thing.

• Like 1

You always have the nicest cars, but I understand wanting to move around in a hobby that offers so many options.  I am a big Starfire fan.  You know the genre having owned an early Riviera.  I wish America would return to the age of "personal luxury cars, 2 door models with bucket seat/consoles.  We can dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Consider this car, folks. Believe me, those 394's have a whole lot of torque, even in stock form. I had a '63 2 door HT  Dynamic 88 Holiday, and the Starfire 394 is even better. ;)

• Thanks 1

Can you please share engine and trunk photos here?

• Like 1

Here are some additional photos as requested. PM me with your e-mail for the Dropbox link to see many more.

57.jpg

61.jpg

83.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

Window Sticker.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JamesR said:

Consider this car, folks. Believe me, those 394's have a whole lot of torque, even in stock form. I had a '63 2 door HT  Dynamic 88 Holiday, and the Starfire 394 is even better. ;)

I'm partial to Olds and this sure is a purty one - looks fast standing still.  My folks had a 1960 4-door-post 88 sleeper I drove some when I was in HS - didn't tell them about the stoplight sweepstakes I ran in it.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DAVID PUETT said:

mercy......she's beautiful.....    drop me an email at dpuett54@gmail.com

Done.

Don,

Here is my email for more pics.  candjpollak@hotmail.com

Thanks, Chris

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, cjp69 said:

Don,

Here is my email for more pics.  candjpollak@hotmail.com

Thanks, Chris

Done.

This is the one other GM coupe that uses the same concave back glass as the '63 - '64 Pontiac Grand Prix.  Sharp!  ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the picture link Don, my friend (no computer) will be over this weekend to look at the pictures. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Thanks for the picture link Don, my friend (no computer) will be over this weekend to look at the pictures. 

Show him the video also, link is above.

• Like 1

The following items are included with this car - original 14" wheels, PO-3 wheelcovers, chrome air cleaner, washer tank, owners manual and reproduction shop manuals.

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

Edited by TexRiv_63
size (see edit history)

Don,

My friend is out.  He really liked your car, but he has decided that he wants to stay away from darker colors, as they are more work for him. 

Thanks, Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjp69 said:

Don,

My friend is out.  He really liked your car, but he has decided that he wants to stay away from darker colors, as they are more work for him. 

Thanks, Chris

That is definitely a true statement. I really love a black hobby car but my daily driver is refrigerator white! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

That is definitely a true statement. I really love a black hobby car but my daily driver is refrigerator white! 

Had a black DD once...ONCE, never again!  Nothing prettier when it's clean but it never is.  :rolleyes:

It's nice you include original wheel covers but I think wheels you have on it look better.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Don,

Thanks, Chris

Nope, don't buy the excuse.

Why can't we be honest and just say "no, not interested in buying", instead of saying wrong color, too far away, my wife doesn't like interior, no room in garage, or gee, I just changed my mind.......and the hundred other excuses I hear.

Just say no.....

• Confused 1

He did say he was out. I can relate to the complications of a HUGE black car.

I didn't see it as an excuse, simply the reason.

But I guess his wife may have had issues with the interior. But he didn't say that.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, trimacar said:

Nope, don't buy the excuse.

Why can't we be honest and just say "no, not interested in buying", instead of saying wrong color, too far away, my wife doesn't like interior, no room in garage, or gee, I just changed my mind.......and the hundred other excuses I hear.

Just say no.....

Car wasn't for me, was for an older friend of mine who isn't on the internet and hadn't seen it until I showed him the pictures on my computer.  We discussed the car beforehand, but neither one of us brought up color.  Sorry if you don't like my explanation/excuse.  Take that back, not sorry, don't really car what you think, since it wasn't your car, so in this case your opinion doesn't matter to me.