Looking for boattail for model a speedster project

jackofalltrades70

The Scranton AACA region is currently building a Model A speedster project and right now are looking for a boattail for the car.  
I will take some pictures of our build abd post later. 
We have already rebuilt the motor, webt through the tranny and it is all mounted to the refreshed frame. Brake assemblies refreshed and we have a rolling assembly.

Matt

Wood done right and properly styled so that it flows well from the cowl,  could be pretty exotic looking.  Think of Tulip wood Speedster.  There was one at Hershey one year.  I'm not talking some plywood either.  Real wood soothly executed with the proper bends in planks like a vintage Christ Craft or Garwood.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That just has no flow.  You could have used the Hudson hood but cut it shorter and fabricated a filler panel that goes from the door line to the hood line.  You can't just bolt the hood on and mate up to the doors.  It didn't matter what the builder used short fo a factory body,  it wouldn't have turned out right.  The skill level wasn't there.  You can't blame it on the parts.   Oh yeah and it would really help if you removed the Hudson trim. LOL

I've always said you can put two guys in a garage with the exact same parts.  One will come out of the garage with a beautiful looking car (especially if we are talking anything that requires customizing) and the other will have a pile of parts attached together that others point and laugh at saying what were you thinking. 

I think Xander could have made it all work, without alot of work. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

There is a pre-war speedsters page on Facebook.... the administrator builds some pretty decent looking boat tail bodies for Model A's . If you aren't up to the challenge, you may consider purchasing one. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/496619540483459/?multi_permalinks=2016811065130958&notif_id=1584669049818218&notif_t=group_highlights

Edited by whtbaron (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a heavy aircraft aluminum tail that I would take offers on. I had 2 of them and my friend Al used the other to build his tail for his very fast flat head model T for Bonneville. Its setting records around the country for fastest flat head model T at hill climbs. contact durocar@aol.com

boat tail 1.jpg

boat tail 2.jpg

boat tail 3.JPG

boat tail 4.JPG

boat tail 5.JPG

Edited by durospeed (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...