SOLD - For Sale - 1918 Detroit Electric Car - Model 75

For Sale - 1918 Detroit Electric Car - Model 75

This car was previously from Ohio and previous to that Pennsylvania (we bought it over 20 years ago) and was repainted and restored by the previous owner. Paint has held up very well with some cracking and checking on Blue body including chipping  at top edge of body where the frame is wood. Fenders are very good with no checking. Interior is in excellent condition and is Light Blue - with passenger seats in front. It has Painted Wood Wheels and original Detroit hubcaps which are in excellent condition. It has Tiller steering
An knowledgeable Electric car owner has informed me that this car appears to have been rebuild by the factory. The factory would take trade ins of older models and lower the roof and add more curved fenders to make the car more 'modern'. This was done in the late 1920's or early 1930's and would make this a Model 97.

It has 14 Golf Cart Batteries -  7 in front and 7 in the back

Car has not been charged in the last few years since I can't determine the Negative vs Positive cables on the charger - there are no + or - marks. Since both wires come from one cable which splits into a black and a white wire.

Interior Id Plate states Model 75, Type 18B, No 11290
Motor Plate states Size 22 17, Motor No 19393
Should get  about 50 miles on a charge but we only went on 15 - 20 mile trips so I can't confirm.
We could go about 25 miles a hour but going up hill was very slow. 

Currently the emergency brake is held in an Off position by hose clamps due to one time that the brake got stuck in the On position and we had a hard time figuring out how to get it turned off
The Odometer is broken and reads 9999. Title references a lower number so I'm not sure if it broke during our ownership

Comes with a 1920 owners manual
Lestronic II Charger

This car presents well and can be used as is or with minor restoration

Price $52,500

Located in Acton Massachusetts

Dad2.jpg

P1140526.JPG

P1140568.JPG

P1140503.JPG

P1140513.JPG

P1140506.JPG

P1140486.JPG

P1140489.JPG

P1140498.JPG

P1140504.JPG

P1160766.JPG

P1160772.JPG

P1160774.JPG

P1160775.JPG

P1140502.JPG

P1140519.JPG

Edited by LJensen
More Photos (see edit history)

I would possibly sell the old batteries separately if no one purchases the car within the next few months. They are VERY heavy - maybe 50 pounds each. On an added note - I see you own a 1955 Cadillac Model 62 Sedan. I also own one of those  with 11,234  original miles which will be for sale once I get a new battery

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe I met Mr. Jensen at the Old Car Festival many years ago at The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI.

Spoke to Mr. Jensen then about selling the car. He said no and his wife said yes, we had a good laugh over that. 

Can you contact me and let me know if the car is still available.

Brian 586 864 5110.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • LJensen changed the title to SOLD - For Sale - 1918 Detroit Electric Car - Model 75