LJensen

For Sale - 1918 Detroit Electric Car

Posted (edited)

For Sale - 1918 Detroit Electric Car

This car originally came from Michigan (we bought it over 20 years ago) and was repainted and restored by the previous owner. Paint has held up very well with some cracking and checking on Blue body including chipping  at top edge of body where the frame is wood. Fenders are very good with no checking. Interior is in excellent condition and is Light Blue - with passenger seats in front. It has Painted Wood Wheels and original Detroit hubcaps which are in excellent condition. It has Tiller steering

It has 14 Golf Cart Batteries -  7 in front and 7 in the back
I also have the original Wood cased batteries which could be restored as a display item

Car has not been charged in the last few years since I can't determine the Negative vs Positive cables on the charger - there are no + or - marks. Since both wires come from one cable which splits into a black and a white wire.

VIN 11290
Should get  about 50 miles on a charge but we only went on 15 - 20 mile trips so I can't confirm.
We could go about 25 miles a hour but going up hill was very slow. 

Currently the emergency break is held in an Off position by hose clamps due to one time that the brake got stuck in the On position and we had a hard time figuring out how to get it turned off
The Odometer is broken and reads 9999. Title references a lower number so I'm not sure if it broke during our ownership

Comes with a 1920 owners manual
Lestronic II Charger
Original Wood Case Batteries for restoration

This car presents well and can be used as is or with minor restoration

Email for more photos

Price $57,500

Located in Acton Massachusetts

Dad2.jpg

P1140526.JPG

Edited by LJensen (see edit history)