Sign in to follow this  
Stan W.

1985 Lesabre Bumper Filler

About two years ago I installed a new rear bumper filler on my 1985 Lesabre. Now It's time to do the front and was just wondering if anybody here has done this and is there anything I need to know. 

Thanks

Since you already did the back, you likely know more about this than the rest of us.  Please post some pictures of the process.   

Posted (edited)

John, I'm just about finished this job. The biggest problem I had was that the holes in the fillers were not even close to the old ones. I ended up drilling a few holes in the support frame and used zip ties to keep them in place. I left everything a little loose and I' ll line up the bumper and tighten eveything down tomorrow. One thing I learned is that it really takes two people to put the bumper back. My floor jack and two milk crates worked, but it wasn't easy. I'll post some pictures now and when the finished job later.

20191007_162302.jpg

amazon-photos-shared-media1774850148774760612.jpg

20191008_090239.jpg

20191008_175047.jpg

Edited by Stan W.
Selling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

As with aftermarket sheet metal, if it exactly matches the OEM part, then that's "trademark infringement".  If they put the hole in another location, "it's different" and no problem.

Some of the early off-shore fenders would have square holes rather than round ones.  Or be 1/16" shorter than the orig one, for example.  Anything to make it "not an exact copy" is all that's needed, as to the stamping.

Looks like you're doing a good job!

NTX5467

I got the job done today. It's not as nice as I hoped, but it's a lot better than it was. From the front it looks okay, but the sides are shorter than the originals. 

20191010_175820.jpg

20191010_175809.jpg

20191010_175801.jpg

• Like 1