NC-car-guy

1928 value

1 hour ago, f147pu said:

You are missing the metal piece that goes over the top of all the intake and exhaust pipes to fill the space between the top cover and that around the cylinders. Don't run without it.

I thought so too, Gordon, when I thought it was a Series 12, but Ser 11 doesn't have that "middle air hood" part.

Paul

Geez, I wish I still had my 11 parts book.  That's what happens when you get old  and haven't messed with a car for  for years.

GH

Edited by f147pu
didn't sign (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My vote is a 1925 series 11

Pictures of my originial attached

ser 11 -1.JPG

ser11-2.JPG

Video shows the cast iron intake manifold of a 1927 11B.

Paul

the Video is scary, great wiring job on the right side of the engine. A fire waiting to happen - but " let's get it runnin " " Yee Haw" , and they still don't list the correct year . 😯

I will stop now before I post something that will get me in trouble 🤐 Well maybe I already am in trouble.

6 hours ago, PFitz said:

Video shows the cast iron intake manifold of a 1927 11B.

Paul

I believe the intake is aluminum.  Again, years since I have had an intimate relationship with one.

GH

51 minutes ago, f147pu said:

I believe the intake is aluminum.  Again, years since I have had an intimate relationship with one.

GH

Series 11B on they were all cast iron, but painted with aluminum paint. As stated starting with drawing 34027, they are painted with "Aluminum Flameproof Kepolac". That was Franklin's choice for a high-temp  paint that they used on the cast iron and some steel engine parts for many years.

BTW, you can download free copies of the operators manuals and parts books from the members only section of the Club's website.

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)

Welcome to the world of Franklins. Jonathan

I strongly recommend joining the H.H. Franklin Club. There are many resources for Franklins, such as manuals, literature, and parts for sale, that will save you more than the cost of the membership. And, any questions you might have about how to drive, maintain, and repair your Franklin have been answered in the 15 years of Q & A, in the "Members Only" section of the Club's website at,  www.franklincar.org 

Paul