dmfconsult

Collectible Automobile December 2019

Posted (edited)

Not sure of this is the correct forum but close enough!  For those that are interested, the Dec 2019 edition of Collectible Automobile has an article on 1977-79 full size Buicks.  What classifies this edition as memorabilia is that my 78 Estate Wagon is featured in the article. 

Back in April, @JohnD1956 was contacted by the editor of the magazine looking for an estate wagon to photograph. As JD no longer had his wagon, he directed them over to me.  After some very short discussion (I’ve always liked this magazine) a photographer was

in touch and a photo shoot was arranged. I had to scramble and get the EW cleaned and polished during the early Spring weather but we got a nice warm

day in early May for the photos. 

The magazine arrived this week and I am pretty happy with the full page spread. Thanks again JD for the referral!   

6F5D9146-15C1-4B84-A151-6D95961BC0D3.jpeg

5ADB960F-FDD1-402E-B613-0035D016D9D8.jpeg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@dmfconsult my pleasure!

Btw, that editor was sent to me by Pete Phillips after he saw pictures of Mr Earls car. And I was glad to recommend both of your cars.  The one I had was mostly consumed when I let it go. 

• Thanks 1

Either car would have been a good choice. In fact a later picture of what they describe as a 79 Limited EW is actually not as it only has 3 ventiports so @MrEarls wagon would have fit in nicely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm that must have been that phone call I didn’t answer, oh well...😁

seriously, I’m sure they got the better one to represent these sleeping beauties! Congratulations!!! 

At least I can show everybody the pictures and say “I almost bought that car!” 

Well done Doug! 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe this issue is due in the stores Oct. 8 if you do not have a subscription.

• Thanks 1

An excellent article, and I was especially thrilled to see you car included, Doug!

I have always liked this generation full size Buick.  My parents purchased a new 1977 Electra 225 Limited Landau coupe -- a beautiful car, and I wish I had managed to keep it in the family when they traded it in twelve years later on an '89 LeSabre.

• Thanks 1

I used to buy these Collectible Automobiles all the time.  This one looks like a good one to buy with other featured cars and trucks I am also interested in.  I don't know why this era of Buick full size is not more highly collected.