Kfigel

1922 Studebaker Paint Color

Know this is probably a stretch as I believe this info has been lost to time, but here goes...Does anyone know the body color(s) of a 1922 Studebaker Big Six Speedster?  My car has the original paint (been verified) but is pretty oxidized.  It appears to be a black body with black fenders.  However I came across an article in Motor Age from May, 1922 introducing this model and it states it will be blue with gold striping on the (hood) louvers.  I can see the gold striping on my louvers.  I'll be carefully cleaning the body paint to bring it back the best I can, but would like to know ahead of time what I might be looking for - black or blue?  The fenders sure look black. Might the hood be black and the body itself a (deep?) shade of blue?  Thanks in advance.   

It was common to paint the fenders and running boards black and the body some other color especially on the cheaper cars. Whether your Studebaker came this way, I don't know. The original blue may be so dark as to look almost black until you polish it up.

I wouldn't be surprised if your car was originally all black for color.    

Craig