Turn Signal Kits

Need recommendations for quality Turn Signal Kits for an old truck ('46 Ford 1.5 ton) with functional brake lights. Any information - especially the pros and cons, costs, manufacturers etc. of the different types available.

I've already looked at the steering column attachment type but I'm not sure if this is what I want because I know there is a type that is used under the dash.

Opinions from owners would be appreciated because I'm new at this.

Thanks.

I used a SignalStat column mounted switch on my Model A w/ a 6 volt flasher running through the type of turn signal lights that have the amber arrow inside a black body. Even came with a push button to give me 4 ways for added saftey. Whole setup cost me about $35 at an auto fleamarket.

I've got a '42 Ford fire truck and what I was planning on doing was buying a second NOS tail light and then adapting the parking lights up above my headlights as turn signals and then buying the controls and wiring harness to do it. I can't tell you how I'm going to do it yet because it hasn't been tried, but that is what my planns are. Your truck would be the same style as mine.

Guest DeSoto Frank

If you can find one, the Signal-Stat 900 series unit is pretty good; not self cancelling or indiscreet (clamps on the column), but they've been around since the late forties-early fifties, and look at home in an old truck.

Yankee also made a clamp-on unit that had a self-contained four-way flasher function backin the fifties...