maok

WTB - King pins 1928 Chrysler series 62

Any one have a source for these?

BTT

If anyone spots this kit at Hershey I would much appreciate the details of the person who has them.

Or, if anyone is lucky enough to spot them and kind enough to purchase on my behalf and post to Australia, I am happy to reward at a premium to the purchase price and postage via paypal.

Moe,

Have you contacted AMS Obsolete about the king pins ?

Thanks Bill, no I haven't heard of them. Fingers crossed.

I have a pair suitable for the 1926 Model 58 4cyl, and the 1924-28 model 60-70 6cyl. I'm not a Chrysler person, so I don't really know if they're suitable. They came in a job-lot of other parts I bought a few years ago, and this info was on the tag. They are made by Dufor.

1dsc00222.jpg

2dsc00223.jpg

Hey Craig, thanks for that. Interestingly, my interchange book indicates its the same as 60/70 1927 models but not the 52.

Is there any part numbers on the packaging?

IMAG2624.thumb.jpg.51d78c59195ed6b4e928f3a372cb6da9.jpg

I'll find out over the weekend. They will have a Dufor part No. and I think I've got a Dufor catalogue I can look up as well.

I've since found that Obsolete Auto Parts in Kurrajong have "1924-28 Chrysler 58,60,70 King Pin Set" which is probably similar to what I've got, but a kit, as well as "1928 Chrysler 6 Model 62 & 72 King Pins $125 each."

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The 1927 and 28 models 50 and 52 have a single kingpin locking pin (cotter pins), the 1926 model G70 has double locking pins. 

The kingpins Craig is offering has slots for double locking pins and look like the ones for a G70. The only way to confirm the pins are correct for your car is by comparing measurements.

Also Moak, you need to tell what the dimensions are of the lenses you need for your tail light, they vary in size from year to year and in some cases there are differences in models. You may be lucky to pick up individual lenses, but are most likely going to have to buy a complete tail light. I found several complete tail lights at Hershey in 2014, ones with cracked or chipped lenses or incomplete ranged from USD$ 90-140. Good complete ones needing to be restored were USD$275- 450.

17 hours ago, Craig Gillingham said:

I'll find out over the weekend. They will have a Dufor part No. and I think I've got a Dufor catalogue I can look up as well.

I've since found that Obsolete Auto Parts in Kurrajong have "1924-28 Chrysler 58,60,70 King Pin Set" which is probably similar to what I've got, but a kit, as well as "1928 Chrysler 6 Model 62 & 72 King Pins $125 each."

This bloke claims he has them (said he has lots of king pins for many makes) but are all in crates stored away and he will never get to them before his life time....:(

@viv w I have an advert indicating the dimensions for the taillight lens, yes, I should have it in my signature as well. FYI, they are the 4" diameter lens. I see the later models for Chrysler/Desoto/Dodge/Plymouth that are 3.5" diameter come up for sale on ebay  once in awhile but not the 4" lens.

What are you offering for a excellent condition tail light lense ? & retaining rim if you need it. ... the correct type,not one of the various types fitted to other makes & models. The king pin mentioned above is not interchangeable according to my books  & only suits the earlier 4 cyl cars. : - )

These items are sitting on your doorstep in Australia along with many other extremely hard to find parts. I might still have nos hubcaps & more

3 hours ago, obsolete said:

What are you offering for a excellent condition tail light lense ? & retaining rim if you need it. ... the correct type,not one of the various types fitted to other makes & models. The king pin mentioned above is not interchangeable according to my books  & only suits the earlier 4 cyl cars. : - )

These items are sitting on your doorstep in Australia along with many other extremely hard to find parts. I might still have nos hubcaps & more

I am happy to make you an offer if you post a pic of them here or pm me with the pics. 

I had a look for the king pins, and I can't find where I've put them, or any of my relevant reference catalogues. Oddly, I did find a pair of bushes that I didn't know I had. These would have come in the same lot of stuff as the king pins.

DSCF0253.JPG

DSCF0255.JPG

DSCF0488.JPG

Chiltons say the 1927 Chry 60 & 70 and 1928 62 and 72 had the same king pins. No others.

The bushes were used on the above plus 1927-30 Dodge Brothers Senior and upper of 1928-29 65 & 75 upper of 1929-31 70V & 77W.

My Chiltons starts in 1927. Craig's labels show earlier dates for some models.

Thompon Products catalogue 1938 shows king bolt no. 164 and bushings 1641 (or 1641SB) fitted to the above plus 1926 model 58. They show both bushes in the Senior being 1641 (1641SB) but a different king bolt. All as per Craig's labels.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

Yes,  my reference indicates the bushes were used in 10 applications and the pins used in 4 applications as you both indicate.

@Craig Gillingham if you wish to part with those bushes (or anything else that you may find), I am happy to buy them from you.

I'd happily sell them, and I'll keep looking for the king pins. I will find them, they are just somewhere that I haven't looked. There will only be two of those bushes, by what is written on that label. I thought someone like Automotive Surplus in Mitcham may have more? I have seen a lot of NOS Dufor bushes at swap meets over the years as well.

Yes, I know that feeling of not being able to find a part in ones shed that you KNOW you have....lol

No rush, happy to wait for for when you find the other bits.

Feel free to PM me, I can pay via paypal or direct bank deposit.

I have tried Auto Surplus via their website but did not get a response, Im going to be in Melbourne in a few weeks, so I will ask again in person.