DB26

Wanted: 1920s Trailer Hitch

Would like to add a trailer hitch to my ‘26 Dodge Brothers. Looking for any period correct pieces. Thanks in advance. 

I want a hidden hitch for my 1925 Buick so that I can carry a trunk and then remove it when not needed.  I thought about using a Reese connector square hitch “looking down” , or perhaps one on either side of the frame since my gas tank is in the way.  I likely will even go with 4 attachment points to the frame and then use Clevis pins to install or remove it.  There is plenty of space under there if you can get clever with how to attach it.   Hugh 

18 hours ago, Hubert_25-25 said:

I want a hidden hitch for my 1925 Buick so that I can carry a trunk and then remove it when not needed.  I thought about using a Reese connector square hitch “looking down” , or perhaps one on either side of the frame since my gas tank is in the way.  I likely will even go with 4 attachment points to the frame and then use Clevis pins to install or remove it.  There is plenty of space under there if you can get clever with how to attach it.   Hugh 

Hugh,

Have you thought of a 1925 Buick trailer ?  Spares  on hand  wherever you are. See this on gumtree.com.au.  Bit of fun ! Regards norm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone have a cool looking antique hitch ball for my Dodge? 

Get a photo of one you like and have it remade from current steel. Or fabricate yourself, much easier and (a bonus) much safer.

I've got this one, or maybe that's part of this one, maybe a starting point to fab something up.  I'm guessing this is more 40's vintage but don't know.  

DSC_0398.JPG

1 hour ago, 3macboys said:

I've got this one, or maybe that's part of this one, maybe a starting point to fab something up.  I'm guessing this is more 40's vintage but don't know.  

DSC_0398.JPG

Thank you. I’ve seen that style on ebay a few times. I might settle on that kind if I don’t find anything else. That’s a last resort right now, but I will keep you bookmarked for the future. Thanks again. 

I have one that's made for a model A. It goes on the rear bumper in place of the bumper bolts. It's packed away for the year but I will dig it out if you think it will work. Measure the distance between your rear bumper bolts and I will measure mine. The price is $100 plus shipping

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

I have one that's made for a model A. It goes on the rear bumper in place of the bumper bolts. It's packed away for the year but I will dig it out if you think it will work. Measure the distance between your rear bumper bolts and I will measure mine. The price is $100 plus shipping

It might work. I will measure when I get home this afternoon. Thank you 

14 hours ago, dep5 said:

Genuine 1920

20191029_124809.jpg

Thank you for the offer. I will keep you bookmarked as a maybe for now. 

Good news. I found a picture of the hitch. Call on the number in the PM if you want it. If not I won't have to dig it out, Dave1688761456_ModelAtrailerhitch.thumb.jpg.2a56a47ecee130d017176a55ec503df2.jpg

Unfortunately, still looking for a hitch ball. That assembly Dave Mellor offered won’t work for my setup. In fact, I will post a picture of my setup later on today. 

Here are my bumper bolts:

300E2720-7C44-4AE9-A556-21703A6C44AD.thumb.jpeg.b0111acdf69d574413cb6568b7786b90.jpeg

B1F999D5-5654-47C3-8D8C-67C1F8929925.thumb.jpeg.555ced059710ec200cbbd4f874f170bc.jpeg

9D97B7BB-A403-4968-B01F-9B28E9ABD21C.thumb.jpeg.da814b823e1c3ad48d0151c445059879.jpeg

The one Dave Mellor offered might work. Might need to take more precise measurements. 

i dug this hitch out today from storage and was wondering if anyone might possibly know what vehicle it may be from? or possibly just an aftermarket? thanks 

19A2BECF-B3FA-453C-8069-4A4906C2A432.jpeg

B2F151BE-D73C-4FA8-B9DC-086B29F68CB7.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:52 AM, harvest said:

i dug this hitch out today from storage and was wondering if anyone might possibly know what vehicle it may be from? or possibly just an aftermarket? thanks 

19A2BECF-B3FA-453C-8069-4A4906C2A432.jpeg

B2F151BE-D73C-4FA8-B9DC-086B29F68CB7.jpeg

That looks like a hitch to a farm tractor

• Like 1

How about this ball? And I believe the tongue above is one that converts a car chassis to a trailer. That wide bracket would U-bolt to the back of an I-beam front axle,then the smaller one would U-bolt to the tie rod. The tongue then would actually steer the front wheels of the trailer as it is turned following a vehicle. I've seen many of them over the years,on and off chassis's. Back on the ball,PM me with email address or phone number if interested and we'll talk it over. The shaft looks like 7/8" and the threads will need some cleaning up.

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6434.JPG

• Like 1