ignacio_an

wanted water pump for 1930 serie 77

I'm sorry    I have some water pumps but just do no know what a       77       is   ?             I guess every body else knows       I'm sorry

2 hours ago, broker'bob said:

I'm sorry    I have some water pumps but just do no know what a       77       is   ?             I guess every body else knows       I'm sorry

1930 Chrysler Model 77.

1930 Chrysler 77 engine.jpg

Take the water pump to a reputable machine shop. Remove the pulley, pull the shaft out of the housing, lathe out the shaft in the impeller  so that the cast does not break. Machine a new stainless shaft, and install the impeller with the pin through the shaft. Install a new bushing and graphite packing and you are done. Unless your water pump is a basket case, this is the way to go.

Rick

Hi:

man y thanks for the ideas. Was just what I wanted to do with a new stainless shaft. Problem is the the impeller is broken. If I can get another impeller I can fix my pump.

kind regards

I am not sure what size your impeller is, but if you are interested, I have one that is 2 7/8" across with three blades.

Rick

Glue the broken bits together, fill the shaft hole with body filler and find a company that does sand castings. They should be able to cast you a new one, even if it is cast in brass, aluminum or iron that you can have machined to fit a new shaft. Otherwise a good machine shop should be able to fabricate a new impeller for you.

Send your pump to the Flying Dutchman.

He can fix it for sure, and at a very reasonable cost.

Rebuilt the pump on my '31 CG and did a fine job, with a quick turn around.

Mike in Colorado

On 10/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, ckowner said:

I am not sure what size your impeller is, but if you are interested, I have one that is 2 7/8" across with three blades.

Rick

I will check, thanks

On 10/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, viv w said:

Glue the broken bits together, fill the shaft hole with body filler and find a company that does sand castings. They should be able to cast you a new one, even if it is cast in brass, aluminum or iron that you can have machined to fit a new shaft. Otherwise a good machine shop should be able to fabricate a new impeller for you.

It is a good option, many thanks

I've seen them for sale from a company in Australia .Can't remember the name, maybe others know.  They had door handles and other parts too.

There is a guy selling a series 77 motor with a waterpump listed under parts for sale on this forum. The seller will sell parts seperately.