wanted water pump for 1930 serie 77

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, broker'bob said:

I'm sorry    I have some water pumps but just do no know what a       77       is   ?             I guess every body else knows       I'm sorry

1930 Chrysler Model 77.

1930 Chrysler 77 engine.jpg

Take the water pump to a reputable machine shop. Remove the pulley, pull the shaft out of the housing, lathe out the shaft in the impeller  so that the cast does not break. Machine a new stainless shaft, and install the impeller with the pin through the shaft. Install a new bushing and graphite packing and you are done. Unless your water pump is a basket case, this is the way to go.

Rick

Glue the broken bits together, fill the shaft hole with body filler and find a company that does sand castings. They should be able to cast you a new one, even if it is cast in brass, aluminum or iron that you can have machined to fit a new shaft. Otherwise a good machine shop should be able to fabricate a new impeller for you.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, viv w said:

Glue the broken bits together, fill the shaft hole with body filler and find a company that does sand castings. They should be able to cast you a new one, even if it is cast in brass, aluminum or iron that you can have machined to fit a new shaft. Otherwise a good machine shop should be able to fabricate a new impeller for you.

It is a good option, many thanks

• 4 weeks later...