Old issues Antique Automobile

trimacar

It probably depends on price. I see the earlier 1950's issues on ebad for up to $20.00 a copy, I doubt many sell. $2.00 - $3.00 each I am sure you will sell most that are in decent condition. Pre 1955 perhaps even $5.00 each.

I have bought quite a few over the years at the Portland swap meet in the $2.00 range. Great reading in those years.  { 1950's and 1960's }

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

If somebody on the other end of the continent wants to get rid of some? I would be interested. I can't afford to pay much anymore. I started to try to fill in my very incomplete collection about ten years ago. About six years ago I bought several hundred (including a fair number of multiple duplicates) from a fellow in Canada.. The price was right, but as said, the postage was a bit tough. Unfortunately, one of the three boxes shipped disappeared somewhere out there. Double unfortunately, the box that disappeared had the dozen or so I mostly wanted! Oh well. Because it was USPS and Canadian postal, both blamed the other, and no compensation was paid. The seller and I settled no problem, we both shared some loss. I still filled in about a hundred issues I didn't have before, and eventually donated the rest to a museum fund raiser. It is a good local museum with a bunch of good volunteers restoring their many displays including a '20s fire truck. They figured a couple hundred issues selling for about a dollar apiece would be a bit of a help.

Good antique automobile hobby magazines before about the late '60s can usually find good homes if the price is reasonable. EBad sellers tend to be crazy there, however I have filled in a lot of my HCCA Gazettes from eBad. I am not trying to get a complete set, but I currently have all the way back to 1950 as well as a fair number from the '40s. I would like to get the AACA Antique Automobile that far back as well. 

I very much like to see people trying to preserve most of the magazines. Certainly, it may be unreasonable to save them ALL. However you can bet that a large percentage of the current issues do get trashed within a few months. I still have most of the ones from when I was a member in the late '60s and early '70s! But I do have hoarder blood in my veins.

• Like 1