Sump (Oil Pan) Felts

TonyAus

Having been plagued by small oil leaks I'm about to drop the sump on my 25 DB with a view to replacing the gasket.  The 1.5mm  bonded cork gasket I originally fitted doesn't seem to cut the mustard so I've decided to go up to 3mm.  At the same time I intend to replace the felts but cannot remember what sizes I used last time .  Can anyone help me with cross sectional dimensions for  the felts used at the front and sides of the sump and the one which is glued to the rear main bearing?  I intend to source the felts locally - yes I know  Myers have them but postage to Australia is a killer for such a cheap item.  Thanks in anticipation. 

When you drop the pan, make sure the top surface is dead flat like the machined bottom of the block is. Don't tighten it too much or you will bend it again. Also, on my DC, ALL the sump bolts have one end in the oily zone inside and one in the air below. It is almost impossible to keep the oil in the sump - it leaks out the bolt threads.

Hi Tony,

I didn't measure or photograph mine when I did it a few years ago (using Olsen's gasket set).  I have a photo of the pan when I removed it but the felts stayed on the block.  I don't think this photo will help much.  You might try Myers and see if they would be willing to take dimensions for you.  I think they'd understand that shipping them wouldn't be worth it.