The drivers side door on my 1928 Standard 4 door is sagging about 3/16 of an inch on the latch side.  This has caused the striker to wear significantly.  I examined all of the hinge mounts, striker and latch but I did not fine any obvious points for adjustment.  Can someone please tell me how to adjust the door.  

Fisher doors don't usually sag although some people put a diagonal turnbuckle inside to correct their problems. 

Worn hinges or hinge pins would be the first thing to check.  Open the door half way and lift on the latch side to check for movement in hinge to door, hinge to "A" pillar or hinge to pin.  Sometimes it is just the screws attaching the hinges that are loose.

Possibly your "A" pillar is loose at the top or bottom, this is a good time to have woodworking skills.

New wedges on the "B" pillar might line up the door when closed but certainly do not correct the problem and just make the door harder to close.

Happy sleuthing and good luck.

Once you determine it is not loose screws ,hinge pins, loose body bolts, or bad wood you can adjust door gap. The Fisher Body manuals and/or your vehicle service manual may explain it. Generally if you add a shim between the body sill and vehicle frame at the bolt nearest to the hinge post it would raise the rear of the door.

Dave

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I second that emotion.  Both doors on my 31 8-66S 2dr coupe were sagging.  The hard rubber rectangular shims used are installed between the top chassis rail and the lower wood sill of the body.  They are available in 1/8" and 1/4" thickness and have a hole in the center that the body bolt must pass thru.  I shimmed mine and got really good results.  My doors both sagged at the rear enough to make them drag on the sill moldings.  I loosened all the bolts and add shims to the #2 body bolt which is pretty much directly under the A-pillar or hinge pillar if you like.  You can find my post which has pictures and descriptions at  https://forums.aaca.org/topic/309205-my-1931-buick-project-the-saga-begins/  I have 3 pages of banter going on there related to my project but lucky for you the door alignment post is second from the top of pg. 1

Good luck and let us know how you do...

Dave

• Like 1

Actually it is the sill of the body that is sagging, nothing to do with the door which is only the visible indication of the problem in this/these cases. It would be real hard for these wood framed metal covered doors to sag (twist) as I mentioned in the beginning.

• Like 1