1934 Lincoln Town Car K Series Timing Marks

TJ Voigt

I need to know what position/location the marks on the crank gear and the cam gear should be on a 1934 Ford v12 in a Lincoln Town Car K Series for the correct timing. The  timing chain was replaced and they didn't pay attention to where the marks were lined up when taking it apart.

Should the marks be lined up with each other or should 1 be clockwise or counter-clockwise from the other?  Thank you!

Im no expert on K model V12s but it is just 2 six cylinder engines tied together  like the humble  LZ V12. or  one 6 cylinder engine as far as valve  timing goes. Bring number one cylinder up to compression TDC   Both  valves should be shut.-  Valves on rear cylinder, same bank with piston at TDC. should be  rocking  open. Timing gear marks should be lined up with each other  at this stage I would guess.   

I agree with TDC on # one, but not sure if the rear will be in any given or assumed position depending on the V degrees of the engine banks. Trial and error shouldn't be too difficult. Usuallly there are two TDC marks on the flywheel, one for each set of points, guessing that it has a dual point distributor. On 99 percent of the engines the crankshaft keyway should be at zero or vertical, so you should most likely only need to figure out the cam position.