1927 LaSalle

jcuffe79

I am helping doing some clean up at a colleagues yard and he has some 1927 LaSalle parts that he is thinking of sending to scrap. Are these worth anything or should I tell him to send them to scrap. His LaSalle is restored and complete.

What would something like this be worth? I believe they are for a sedan and he does have the chassis too.

Stuff 5.jpg

Stuff 6.jpg

Edited by jcuffe79 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, jcuffe79 said:

I am helping doing some clean up at a colleagues yard and he has some 1927 LaSalle parts that he is thinking of sending to scrap. Are these worth anything or should I tell him to send them to scrap. His LaSalle is restored and complete.

What would something like this be worth? I believe they are for a sedan and he does have the chassis too.

He should offer it to the hobby at a scrap price, win-win.

Sell the Franklin parts the same way!

• Like 2

I always love people getting ready to scrap something.  As soon as they think it could have some value i have seen some throw a big price on it then put or I'll sell it for scrap. Don't know the case here but as mentioned if you are seriously thinking of offering it for scrap but hate to,  just throw a few bucks on top so a guy isn't buying it strictly for scrap and be happy it didn't go to the junk heap but might help out another old car guy finish theirs.  

I do that with my literature I send big boxes full to the auction and they sell them how they pleas,  often by the box lot, then give the money to my friend that carts it there just so I don't have to send it to recycle and someone else can have some fun with it and decide what to keep. Usually it doesn't bring much and gives him a little something for carting it. 

The challenge with this material is it is part of museum collection that they are getting rid of and there isn't a lot of museum's in Canada that would want this stuff. The auction companies are very hesitant in selling this stuff up here, so there next bet is to scrap it. I would really hate to do this as I think it should go back into the collector community. Any advice would be helpfully that I can pass onto them.

Edited by jcuffe79 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have a 1931 Lasalle, what would you have?

On 9/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, jcuffe79 said:

Stuff 5.jpg

Stuff 6.jpg