Fall Hershey Catalog

RRPackFan

Is there a way to "order" a catalog prior to attending the meet so I can identify all the vendors I would like to hit?  I know most are in the same locations year after year but this is only my third year attending.  I would like to get my head wrapped around where the vendors are I want to visit before I arrive.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

bcrawfo2 I echo Steve Moskowitz comments "Please join AACA" . Sure he is the AACA Chief Executive Officer so you may think, he tells everyone that because that is his job. Well I am not an AACA officer, never have been , just a regular member  - for about 55 years. The publications alone are worth the dues if nothing else. If you are new to the hobby you will learn a lot just by meeting the members, the "Hershey" experience, and reading the publications. I have never ever regretted joining AACA, it just gets better and as a club is a very strong voice, perhaps the strongest voice for the old car hobby that there is and ever will be. NO I WAS NOT PAID TO STATE THAT! The AACA library and the staff are outstanding, as are the staff at headquarters who keep it all running smoothly . Anyone I have ever contacted has been courteous, considerate and right back at you with an answer to your question if you have one. They are all genuinely enthusiastic , and all will be really tired after the Annual Fall meet at Hershey , Pa. !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

No the "catalog" is not available online.  You do want to pick up the program first thing...it is a huge resource.  Please join AACA at the show as there is a "special" running for the event.  

Thanks.  I was hoping there would be a special.    I'm already a member of that other club (starts with V and ends with CCA), as they are very helpful in my Chevy year.   Haven't even started digging into AACA yet.

Guest Mark McAlpine

I encourage you to join the AACA.  I belong to both the AACA and VCCA (and belonged to both long before I joined the AACA Board of Directors last year) and love both clubs, but you're missing out if you don't belong to the AACA.  You can join while at the Eastern Fall Nationals in Hershey.  Most people think the club's Antique Automobile magazine alone is worth the cost of membership dues.  (Are you a U.S. military veteran?  If so, the AACA thanks you for your service to our country and offers a 1-yr free membership to all veterans who have never been a member of the AACA before.  Stop by one of the membership tents at Hershey and fill out a membership application.  Your membership starts that day, runs through the end of the year and covers all of next year--you get three bonus months by joining at this time of year.)

The AACA Library & Research Center is a true world-class organization, and its staff is second to none.  We refer to the Library & Research Center as "America's Automotive Library" because it already has the largest collection of automotive literature and it's going to get bigger--we just need more room.  (Standby for a couple announcements over the next few months about several major acquisitions.)  And we've taken car of that..  When you visit the show field on Saturday, look toward Hershey Park Drive--the 2-story, brick building (the former Pennsylvania American Water Company building) is the future home of the L&RC and AACA HQ.  (We own it, but it's currently undergoing renovation to convert it from its former purpose as a computer data center into our HQ and Library.)  We expect to move in by the end of April.  

Oh, I forgot to mention that the VCCA houses its collection in the AACA Library & Research Center (as do the Buick Heritage Alliance, Dodge Brothers Club, Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Historical Society, Lincoln Motor Car Foundation, Museum of Bus Transportation, National Corvette Restorers Society, National Woodie Club, Pierce-Arrow Society, Society of Automotive Historians Dunwoodie Archives, and the Gerrard Classic Auto Literature Collection).

Again, I encourage you to join the AACA--you'll be glad you did.  Stop by and talk to me at the membership tent in front of the Giant Center on Friday between 12-2 PM.  Even if you don't join the AACA, I'd be happy to talk to you about old cars.

Edited by Mark McAlpine
update info about L& RC (see edit history)