Are standard interior seat covers available for boat tail?

1972GS

I got the seat covers for my 71 from Distinctive Industries.  I have the standard bench seat and was surprised to find them.   You can take a look here for yours.  I spoke with the nearest distributor to ensure what they had was what I wanted.

Edited by drummerboy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, drummerboy said:

I got the seat covers for my 71 from Distinctive Industries.  I have the standard bench seat and was surprised to find them.   You can take a look here for yours.  I spoke with the nearest distributor to ensure what they had was what I wanted.

Looks like it’s only available in vinyl. Does anyone reproduce the cloth?

18 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

Looks like it’s only available in vinyl. Does anyone reproduce the cloth?

As stated previously, a reputable upholsterer should be able to reproduce the seat cover patterns in whatever material you want. As long as they have a full seat cover to use as a pattern, all should be good. (?)

The next time you go to a cruise-in or car show, ask owners who did their upholstery and are they happy with the work done. You will find out very quickly which shops are recommended and which ones aren't.

My two cents worth...

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

Never mind, I found it. SMS auto fabrics in Oregon has it. 

I have ordered seat fabric from SMS before. They have a huge inventory and ship bulk material quickly.

They also create door panels to spec. I don't know if they make those panels in house or farm this work out to a sub-contractor.
Their turn around time on door panels has been reported to be up to two years.

Their website doesn't indicate if they manufacture seat cover sets.

My two cents worth...

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, 1972GS said:

Hi,

Is there any vendor that sells so called standard seat covers for 1971...73 Riv?

I know OPGI sells custom seat covers but the do not have standard. Below are two reference pics of standard seats.

BR, Markku

back.jpg

front.jpg

Hello american friend. I am Italian and I joined this forum because I own a 1972 buick riviera base, and I have the same problem that I understand you had in 2019. I have the same interior but one front bench, (not two seats) of black color. I bought the pro fit cover in Alabama and they sent me the wrong thing, even though I sent them the photos of the car .... absurd all this! Now I ask you can you tell me where I can find the front cover for my Riviera?

thank you very much

your italian friend Alessandro 

My car: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=raGyli8hyvU&t=181s

buick inside.jpeg.jpg