Life just got a little more complex for we, the Reatta Crowd

Guest Greg Ross

Guest Greg Ross

Went to the GM Store this morning to pick up a couple of Clips I knew they had in Stock. A-Pillar clips I ordered here last Spring had come into them in a Minimum Quantity. 1 Doz.

Anyway, the Counter Person went into the Inventory DataBase to pick a P.N. and couldn't find them. Since Home (away-from-Home) is only a few minutes away I said I'd go get the P.N. off my previous receipt. With that we had no problem.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Big Problem</span> is this. As the Dealer installs up-dates to the GM Inventory System (weekly/ Monthly depending, apparently) new data is added but <span style="font-weight: bold">Affecting Us</span> is the fact that detail is falling off the back end. Reference Sketches leading to P.N.'s are being deleted for the older models.

It's now going to be more and more difficult to locate Part Numbers at least where I've relyed on Dealers.

Where do we go from here?

<span style="font-weight: bold">We're being religated to Never-Never Land.</span>

One of the main reasons I picked up a part book. The last hard copies were printed in '92 or '93, then it was all microfiche, then everything was on the GM computer. If you look up a number from the old book, the dealer will tell you ....1 its ok, 2 its sperceded by a new number, 3 obsolete.

Books are selling for $50-$75 and microfiche is cheaper but you need a reader.