Va-67Skylark

67 Skylarks with Bucket Seats

As I noted above, if you ordered RPO D55 console in 1964-65, Oldsmobile included the tach. You could not get the console in those years without the tach. In 1966, every console came with the vacuum gage.

thanks for the information, Joe; 

others: note the clock below the tach, temp at top, oil to the right, and amp on the left1967-Oldsmobile-442-muscle-and-pony-cars--Car-101071789-e765eadf8e29c30c0c01f886759c01d6.jpg.39b1821fec8c4ae47622b0a67328150d.jpg

That is an interesting unit. Cutlass with an aluminum turbo  V8 & four speed ? 215 hp/215cid

clocktach.jpg

6 hours ago, padgett said:

That is an interesting unit. Cutlass with an aluminum turbo  V8 & four speed ? 215 hp/215cid

clocktach.jpg

No. That is the original Olds Rally Pac introduced in May 1966. The turbocharged Jetfire was dropped after the 1963 model year.

6 hours ago, padgett said:

clocktach.jpg

That is somewhat similar to one of Ford's accessory 'Rotunda' column-mount gauge pods from 1967, which incorporated the same 'full-read' amp, temp, and oil pressure, plus a vacuum gauge, instead of a clock.  A separate Rotunda tach was also available.

Craig

'60s was a period when idiot lights (Chevvy even had COLD (green) and HOT (red)) were the norm and instruments, when available, were optional. Was part of what pushed me to Pontiac - instruments were more common. I always use a slight drop in oil pressure at hot idle to tell me when to change the oil & filter.

Well it was hard to get full factory gauges on a Buick in the 60's. OTOH it was easy to swap the speedo and tach in my 70GS so the tach was in the middle where it belonged. Problem with owning a gaggle of Jags earlier was that you became paranoid about oil pressure (40 psi at 3,000 rpm...)

22 hours ago, ol' yeller said:

Interesting how a post about Skylark bucket seats evolved into an Oldsmobile tach/vacuum gauge discussion!

Yes amazing, I am still curious of how many 67 Skylarks were delivered with buckets seats.However, I have learned a great deal about the console and it's variations.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, Va-67Skylark said:

Yes amazing, I am still curious of how many 67 Skylarks were delivered with buckets seats.However, I have learned a great deal about the console and it's variations.

Contact the Sloan Museum in Flint (I'm not sure if the Buick History Center still exists).  

• Like 1