Photo's at Hemming's Concour's this past Sunday

John348

11 hours ago, Robert Street said:

John thanks for the photos of some of the W featured cars. Yours is missing? 🤑

Robert

I did not take any, I was never one to take many pictures of my own cars, figured I could look at them any time I wanted,,,,  I think my friends Steve and Sue (White 65 Biscayne) their son took a few see if I can get them from him 

It was great to get together with some long time close friends for the weekend, almost 40 years we know each other. They relocated almost 20 years ago and we don't get together that much anymore, but when we do it makes things that much more special! That's what it is really about. That's when these cars really were "used' cars, but we saw something special about them then, I guess we were visionaries. 

IMG_6465.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Nice John.... I do like those light green colors !

Steve

Thank-you

11 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Could you let this Pre WWII vehicle fan and maybe others what a "W" car is? Bob 

That is a good question,  and many people ask that same one.

Chevrolet 348 and 409 engines are known as "W" motors. 1958 through February of 1965 on passenger cars, and 1958 through I believe early 1967 on trucks (I have to check that) If you look at the valve covers it resembles the letter W. 

60 Impala F Engine Right.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

I'm surprised I didn't show up in any of your pictures. I recognize some of the spectators, and those ladies with the dogs were by the Milburn when I was there. Good chance I was near you at the show and had no idea. 

I got photos of every car in the show, and some parked along the side as well...including an Auburn! I have them all on my website, if you would like to look through them...more than 550 photos. https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/automotivephotography/hemmings-concours-2019/

I just joined the site and I have not been able to figure out how to insert a picture from my own host, and the image I took of your Impala is too large for the upload system here, but this is the direct link to the side shot: https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/automotivephotography/hemmings-concours-2019/2019-24837.html  I do know a little code writing so I will have to experiment with that in the future, I might edit it if I can. 

I also got the nose and the info placard. 

I really enjoy the Concours...I'm glad it wasn't so brutally hot this year. Both years it was in LG previously were around 100 degrees and humid. 

5 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

I'm surprised I didn't show up in any of your pictures. I recognize some of the spectators, and those ladies with the dogs were by the Milburn when I was there. Good chance I was near you at the show and had no idea. 

I got photos of every car in the show, and some parked along the side as well...including an Auburn! I have them all on my website, if you would like to look through them...more than 550 photos. https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/automotivephotography/hemmings-concours-2019/

I just joined the site and I have not been able to figure out how to insert a picture from my own host, and the image I took of your Impala is too large for the upload system here, but this is the direct link to the side shot: https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/automotivephotography/hemmings-concours-2019/2019-24837.html  I do know a little code writing so I will have to experiment with that in the future, I might edit it if I can. 

I also got the nose and the info placard. 

I really enjoy the Concours...I'm glad it wasn't so brutally hot this year. Both years it was in LG previously were around 100 degrees and humid. 

Welcome aboard Billy!

Lake George was really nice. My wife and I enjoyed it a lot. As I said in an earlier post having been born and raised in the Bronx up state was Yonkers or White Plains. I had never been north of Albany in my 60+ years living in NY. Lake George was a great location. Please post your photos on the thread, if I can do it I am sure you can. When you respond just click on the 'choose files' tab on the lower left side. I would love to see the photos added to this thread

Again Welcome to the AACA,

Lake George is my favorite place in the world...whenever I am not there, I wish I was, lol. 

My pictures are too big to post using the forum hosting, but I have my own host. I just need to figure out which coding to use to post them, I will in time I am sure. I'll try a couple here...

201924837-vi.jpg

And it worked pretty well I would say! 

Here's the nose shot I took as well. 

201924834-vi.jpg

Edited by Billy Kingsley (see edit history)
  • Like 1