1965 Dodge Factory Tachometer wiring diagram

certjeff1

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the factory tachometer?

My wiring diagram does not show how Dodge wired the tach. I have a yellow wire at the tach but cannot find any yellow wires going to the ballast resistor or  ignition coil. I have an orange for the light and a black for ground.

Thanks

Jeff

On my 65 300 there is a wire from the coil to the console in the original harness.

But my tach doesn't work on a regular basis.

Joe, Would that sender be inside of the tach? I removed it from the console once and it looks like a simple transistorized tach. I don't remember the wiring exactly but don't think it was more than two plus the light.

009.JPG

9 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Joe, Would that sender be inside of the tach? I removed it from the console once and it looks like a simple transistorized tach. I don't remember the wiring exactly but don't think it was more than two plus the light.

The stock sender is in a metal can that is external to the tach, but the wires between the two are pretty short, so it can't be far. There are apparently several vendors who sell replacement boards for the sender, so failure of those older electronics must be common.

• Like 1