63 Tri Shield emblems NEW

Turbinator

40 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Yes, at least the originals were interchangable.  Buying base wheel covers was how I used to find good examples of these centers for the spinners I have.

Ed, I think you have all the good Wheel covers you could harvest all the good emblems. I always came up with the emblems that were cracked and hazed.

Turbinator

14 hours ago, Turbinator said:

1963 Tri Shield emblems NEWLY MANUFACTURED 

FOR Sale These emblems fit the two bar spinners for cast aluminum turbine wheel covers. $38.00 each $5.00 flat shipping. PM me for details.

F8405935-B548-4470-95D8-652534197779.jpeg

Hi Bob,

What does "newly manufactured" mean? Are these New Old Stock?

Tom

32 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

Tom, my description of newly manufactured is literal. These emblems are not new old stock, not reconditioned, not refurbished.

Turbinator

To clarify, Turbinator had them tooled up and manufactured while the rest of us were at home watching reruns of The Andy Griffith show.

When he gets in a fresh shipment of these emblems, he ships them to AOC who certifies that no fossil fuels were used in the making of these products,

then they go back to Turbinator's garage where they await your satisfied purchase!

I don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade, as they look terrific. But...RRB, if you are having these made, and selling them, have you checked into copyright laws? That Buick trishield is copyrighted. So is the Riviera R. GM gets really fussy about reproducing their parts with logos on them without expressed written permission. Sounds like an NFL ad, but it isn’t. GM can and will come in and take all stock and molds for these parts and have them destroyed. I’ve seen it happen. Even small quantities like this and only advertised here on the forum violates those copyright laws. Need to do some checking into this before you tool up and get a bunch of money tied into this.

On the whole I’m pleased. The product is truly a very fine replica.

Im in hopes the supplier may find some 64’s for the cast aluminum covers. My vision is to fill the gaps with products , I know about, that are not yet filled. Buick centers has outstanding products. I’m not interested in offering what is already covered in the market place. Hopefully, customers are happy with the product and the price of the goods. When you deal with the Turbinator you always come out a winner. 😎

2 hours ago, steelman said:

I don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade, as they look terrific. But...RRB, if you are having these made, and selling them, have you checked into copyright laws? That Buick trishield is copyrighted. So is the Riviera R. GM gets really fussy about reproducing their parts with logos on them without expressed written permission. Sounds like an NFL ad, but it isn’t. GM can and will come in and take all stock and molds for these parts and have them destroyed. I’ve seen it happen. Even small quantities like this and only advertised here on the forum violates those copyright laws. Need to do some checking into this before you tool up and get a bunch of money tied into this.

Steelman, I appreciate your consideration and well intended advice. I’m certain everything is covered regarding copyright laws/infringement, etc. 

Thank you again.

Turbinator ( formerly Red Riviera Bob)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JanZverina said:

I ordered and received a set of these tri-shield wheel emblems and am delighted to report that they fit perfectly and look great. My '63 came with the standard wheel covers (not the spinners or simulated knock-offs). Congrats to Turbinator for a job well done.

As a well known contributor to other Buick forums once said "Without pictures, it didn't happen." 😎

All the credit goes to Bob - I just bought them and very carefully managed to peel back the tangs and replace the center emblem, and then press the tangs back down with a small block of pine and arm power while the wheel cover was face-down on a soft surface.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 10:53 PM, Eric's.64.Superwildcat said:

They look fantastic.  I'll be at the front of the line for the '64s.  

Thanks Bob.  

Sir, IF you are in need to replace a very worn/ cracked 64 emblem for the turbine her is a home made one emblem. They sell for $18.00 shipping Free.

2C643092-A279-4433-8768-5AFA46ABBD1C.jpeg