FS 1951 Roadmaster 72R Sedan - SOLD

PatsUsedParts

Owner passed away and the family wants the car to be used and enjoyed. $10,900 obo. Well cared for driver with only a few minor issues. 

Car is located in Chapel Hill, NC

Photos and details: http://www.patgaglione.com/Morrison/content/landing.html 
Pat, 919-280-8350

BCA #40119

pjgaglione@gmail.com

DSCN0955.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg

DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

DSCN0975.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Pat

Link won't open (for me).  Photos need enlarged.  It looks nice.  What is the mileage?   Have the seats been recovered?  

Mileage is a bit under 43,000.  I don't think the seats have been redone. I am selling for the family of a deceased member of my chapter.  I can ask the son about the seats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Wilkie said:

I wonder if this car came from Southern IL?.  .. I sold a Black 1951 Roadmaster  to someone in the Carolina's back in about 2005 +/- a year..  I lived in Steeleville, IL.. at that time..

Frank:

Did it have comparable mileage - i.e. 42,000 or less?   I really like the car, and want to proceed but usually these fairly priced cars move quicker than I do.

2 hours ago, Frank Wilkie said:

I wonder if this car came from Southern IL?.  .. I sold a Black 1951 Roadmaster  to someone in the Carolina's back in about 2005 +/- a year..  I lived in Steeleville, IL.. at that time..

As I understand the car was in VA until the current family purchased it and brought it to the Carolinas. 

All original?  You always have to wonder when that expression is applied to a car of this vintage.  Even for a mileage reading in the low 40s, the engine in this car looks extremely fresh (while the rest of the engine compartment appears well-seasoned).  An engine job on a low-mileage car?  And why do we see a painted-over data plate, attached with screws rather than riveted as original?  

Clearly a very fine car, of course, but a little caution never hurts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buickborn said:

All original?  You always have to wonder when that expression is applied to a car of this vintage.  Even for a mileage reading in the low 40s, the engine in this car looks extremely fresh (while the rest of the engine compartment appears well-seasoned).  An engine job on a low-mileage car?  And why do we see a painted-over data plate, attached with screws rather than riveted as original?  

Clearly a very fine car, of course, but a little caution never hurts.

Screws instead of rivets to hold data plate are factory for early 50's Buicks

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Buickborn said:

Well, whaddya know.  I guess I've always assumed that the idea of using rivets to attach a data or ID plate was to establish some sort of permanency or at least to discourage tampering or switching.    

I would have thought so too but that is what is great about the forum.   I would say, antecdotally, that I don't think anyone would mess with the data plate for a 1951 72R.  You see data plates messed with on high end muscle cars, maybe a convertible or rarity, but no offense to the sellers, 4 door sedans - there is no need.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Nice Buick.  I see a 59 in one of the pictures.  What is the story with that Buick?  

LOL. Isn't that always the case? Photograph one car with the one you actually want to sell in the background. Inevitably someone will want that car even more. For example, here's how I would market my '41 Buick Limited:

For sale, 1970 Corvette, $35,000:

20190826_142550a.thumb.jpg.839d23b23dc55ae3c8d59a871ed6401a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

For sale, 1970 Corvette, $35,000:

20190826_142550a.thumb.jpg.839d23b23dc55ae3c8d59a871ed6401a.jpg

What is the story with that Buick?

Edit)  we're just keeping this very nice '51 to the top for you and having a bit of fun @PatsUsedParts  Good luck with the sale, it shouldn't take long

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Photograph one car with the one you actually want to sell in the background. Inevitably someone will want that car even more.

It is not just cars. Take any random picture to a place where you get together with friends. Show them while pointing out the topic of the picture. It is likely they will completely ignore the topic and ask about something in the background. It is very predictable. It is a great "watch this" exercise if you have someone who knows what you are doing.

I am sure there is a physiological term for it.

In the case of the Corvette and the Buick above. my first thought was men's gold jewelry, one of these:

image.png.81ee62a6e2a1404cd612b80b435fe633.png

• Like 1

1953 Buicks used screws for both the Body by Fisher Number Plate (located on top of the cowl, passenger side of the engine compartment) and the Car Serial Number tag that was located on either the driver's door latch-jamb or forward of the stainless steel door-sill trim near the A-pillar. 1954 Buick's used rivets on both items. (EDIT: The 1954 Buick Body by Fisher Number Plate remained on top of the cowl similar to the 1953 but the Car Serial Number tag was relocated to the A-pillar below the driver's-door top hinge.)

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Nice Buick.  I see a 59 in one of the pictures.  What is the story with that Buick?  

The 59 is my car.  It is a LeSabre conv (4467) with the 364 2bbl.  Currently the heads are off at the machine shop.  But as they say - everything is for sale  😉

At best a number 3 car.  It's been in the family since the mid-eighties. 

Pat

On 9/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, B Jake Moran said:

I would have thought so too but that is what is great about the forum.   I would say, antecdotally, that I don't think anyone would mess with the data plate for a 1951 72R.  You see data plates messed with on high end muscle cars, maybe a convertible or rarity, but no offense to the sellers, 4 door sedans - there is no need.

Well, maybe not.  But it doesn't seem all that long ago that a clapped-out '49 Super sedanet, with an added porthole on each side and a 76S data plate, was being touted on C/L as a Roadmaster.

11 hours ago, MrEarl said:

What is the story with that Buick?

Edit)  we're just keeping this very nice '51 to the top for you and having a bit of fun @PatsUsedParts  Good luck with the sale, it shouldn't take long

Thanks guys - it looks like we may have a buyer by the weekend.  I'll update the post title as appropriate. 

It's been kind of fun just to see the chatter on this one !  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• PatsUsedParts changed the title to FS 1951 Roadmaster 72R Sedan - SOLD