Sign in to follow this  
Mark Gregory

Proper name for Fender Mounted Spare Tire steel bar ?

Could someone give me the proper name besides a steel bar that holds the fender mount spare tire at the bottom to the the fender .

I need about 6 of these.

image.thumb.png.4568d9f5e94bf21df87861afe7bbc781.png

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Easy enough to make from bar stock or maybe cast in silicon bronze.

• Like 1

A photo of them in place would solve the mystery if what they attach to. Bob 

Thanks for the help everyone.

I entered - spare irons - on Ebay and found golf clubs.

I think I will just make them like Restorer 32 suggested.

• Haha 1

I cannot tell from your ask if these are (1) "sidemount hardware" (designed to secure the spare in place) or (2) a fender wheel well support bracket (designed to add extra support for the spare), or (3) part of an accessory spare wheel locking or clamping system. Picture in place would help. My Chrysler CD8 for example has twin sidemounts. The fender in addition to the wheelwell has 4 steel pieces on underside in that area to brace wheelwell to frame and accept hardware connections and locking mechanism. The side-mount hardware has the usual clamp & leather straps coming out of side of cowl, but also has a 6"clamp&wingnut on back side of wheel and a lock and bar going thru wheel spokes from outside of wheel and into a reinforced hole in wheel well.  So a pic of what your part does may help. Based on 2 small holes and larger end hole, this looks like some sort of "securing" bar to receive a vertical side-mount rod or locking bolt, but purpose of 2 small holes is a mystery, and there does not appear to be any purpose to the S curved end except to perhaps insert into a locking hole.  Make of Car? Why 6 of them?  

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)