Vision-all wiper unit

yachtflame

Wayne,

I have this long one mainly for Cadillacs,it's 46 7/8" long over the mounting brackets. There is a shorter one and I may have one around here somewhere but didn't see it. This one has surface rust,no major rust issues that I can see,what may be missing besides wipers and arms is unknown. Working condition unknown. I would take $225 for it shipping included. PM me if interested.

Steve

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

IMG_5960.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Not been able to find any information out there on the Vision-all system.  Was this system made by Anderson, Trico, or Delco?  I haven't pulled it down, but I guess I am still not fully understanding how it works.  Does the vacuum turn the motor or is it more like an air cylinder? My 1930 Cadillac V-8 sedan has this system but it isn't working.  Does anyone know of a source for a rebuild kit?  Curious what anyone might know about it.

David

David,

The Visionall unit was made by Trico. It works on vacuum pulling the inner cylinder from one side to the other, then back. With the valve control on the dash, you can move one or both wipers. PauL Ayers makes rebuild kits for the unit. I don’t have his info at my fingertip at this moment but you can PM me and I’ll look up his contact info.

If you prefer, I could rebuild it for you as I’ve done a couple in the past and am doing one now.

Wayne

Edited by yachtflame
Misspelled a word (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Steve,

Please let me know if you still have the Visionall available for sale or another Visionall that may be for sale.  I have a 1931 Packard 833 (Standard Eight) and she is missing her Visionall wiper.  The Packards have the mounting turned 90 degrees from what you have pictured as they mount on the underside of the visor with the bolts upside down and vertical.  I was able to locate the mounting brackets I need, so I may need to modify whatever I can find to work for my application.  A fellow Packard Club member has a similar car to mine and I believe his Visionall is correct; it measures 45.5" inches when measuring the sheet metal outer housing that is sandwiched between the mounting brackets.   Please give me a call so we can discuss.  My phone is 865.686.2001 and my email is johnltrotter@bellsouth.net.  Also, if anyone else on here has a line on a Visionall that might work for me and is available for sale, I would appreciate you contacting me please.  I'm fairly certain that the unit Wayne was asking about last fall will be shorter than what you have as the GM vehicles were a bit smaller than the Caddys and Packards, so I'm hoping this doesn't come off as hi-jacking Wayne's thread.

Best regards,

John

Edited by johnltrotter
spelling (see edit history)

Wayne;

Back in 1967 I owned and drove a 1931 Cadillac sedan. As I recall the wipers worked like a "Yankee Screwdriver" They worked very well, the wiper blade carriers traveled down their groove one  way and back on the other grove. The driving shaft only had to turn one direction, the back and forth was accomplished elegantly  by the Yankee Screwdriver shaft.  Is this the type that is being discussed here?   Jim43