Sign in to follow this  
BUICK RACER

1928 Buick

“Not sure how long it can stand the Michigan weather”....

This stuff again.

Old guy dies and the loving family immediately toss his cherished antique out into the weather.

Asking $12,000 — and that will be a HARD sell if it hasn’t been run in the past year.

I’ve spent most of my life making a conscious effort to NOT become another cynical person. But read one too many ads like this one and that becomes a very tall order.

I don’t know for a fact that is the situation here... No, wait, yes I do know. I know for a FACT that this car did not ‘lose its space in the garage’ — someone threw it out, and the person who restored and maintained this car was NOT the one who did it.

I know that for a fact.

Someone buy this poor thing please....

D066CAFD-215C-479B-97F2-974A1E800443.jpeg

Edited by Ben Perfitt (see edit history)
  • Sad 2

I forgot - look at the trees in the ad’s pictures. Those are not recent. Looks like late March/early April Michigan. So they’ve had it sitting outside at least 6 months already.

I do share Ben's skepticism but I also thank Roberta for posting this.

Well, skepticism, disgust, whatever else... It wasn’t aimed at the car itself which appears to have been well restored and carefully maintained. I hope someone rescues it, and I have a feeling 8K cash might buy it right now.

On the other hand, ads like this are a good reminder to ME that when my time comes — if I have a choice — I’d better have already sold or otherwise found good homes for my cars. Because the family - they just don’t care. They’ve tolerated it and even participated (and maybe even enjoyed) hobby related events over the years, but in the end the car will be pushed outside.

Well, maybe not pushed outside, but these pre-war cars require passionate owners because they are a heck of a LOT of work. Very few are willing to do it. Fewer have the time.

This particular ‘28 was obviously well loved. If anyone out of the area has interest in it I’d be willing to drive out and ask questions and take good pictures. It’s near my neck of the woods.

Ben P.

• Like 2

Very finely restored car — still listed on CL.

Weather has turned in Michigan.

Cash talks.

205E9FE6-82F7-4BB4-BE07-132EFDDFF00D.jpeg