1936 Dodge Sedan D2 Trunk Handle

autonut

If the handle from a 36 Plymouth is the same part (or works for you) I have one which came in the boxes of parts in my D2.  If you can use it it's yours for the price of shipping.
I will warn you that 1) it's not pretty and 2) the handle freewheels so I guess that counts as "locked" and I do not have a key.

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

Edited by Pete in PA (see edit history)

Perhaps you might want to weigh the cost of restoring, like chroming etc. against a reproduction from Meyers early Dodge. Reproduction are usually made of stainless steel. With locks and without locks . different prices.   PHONE CINDY  @ 734 341 6139.  

Reproduction always has the shrinkage factor they do not match the original in size, be it that there may be certain one off cars you cannot find it, so reproduction may satisfy the need.  The 36 plymouth and dodge would be the same look for that original yale always missing dust cover and lock should be 1 1/2" ceter to center mount holes

Autonut you should jump on that handle and latch free is a steal!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Pete.  If I owe anyone an apology it would be you, no others.  Don't know what it is, or why all these others are beating up on me?  None of their business I feel!  Sorry for the delay but I fully intend to reimburse you for your trouble and attention you gave to me.  Would $15 or $20 cover your time etc. Don't know what it cost for you to send.

Lee

Sorry autonut, didn't mean you at all but It's just that I have replied top so many new member's inquiries then never hear from them again. Maybe they forget that they've posted. We want to try to help as many people as we can.

Okay jpage.  Will take your apology.  But just to mention although I have been on many, many, auto Forums, I can't remember when I was so badly lambasted really over nothing that others should not be involved in.  There is only one person and a really nice fellow,  who I was dealing with.  It is all between him and I, others have no reason to be involved.

Lee Noga

Not so autonut, I to have been restoring a 1936 Dodge sedan and have had 3 cars to build one. I have helped many folks with parts and info over the past several years and meant no insult to you. When ever someone puts out a request for '36 Dodge info or parts, or any year or make,  it draws the interest of several members so any post or inquiry is really directed to all viewers of this forum. It's just frustrating when one spends time doing research, looking up part numbers, making copies or digging for parts to help and one doesn't get any response afterwards. i was really just commenting to Pete whom I know personally and have followed his progress.

• Like 2

Again I say cool it!!  Don't you guys have something better to do? If you are restoring, go back to it so you get something done.  I am a very busy person and cannot spend time with trivia such as yours.  Will not respond any more to all this crap! Much better things to do.  Again this is between Pete & I and he does not need your help I'm sure.

Lee