auburnseeker

So I have a Chance to buy a New Old Toy what are the pros and Cons of this Buick?

I think I'm going to pass on it.  I was excited at first but analyzing it and seeing what the asking price can buy me, especially with Hershey around the corner makes sense for me to hold out for the best option.  This doesn't feel like it for me at this time.  Thanks for all the input.  I've gained some valuable knowledge about these cars in case another one that's a better offering comes along. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party today.  But, in case the next one comes along Jessie Morton, Morton Coach in Bristol, CT knows these Buicks well.  He sets up in Choc South every year, you may want to grab a pamphlet.

This was fun, we all learned something, saw some good photos and the Hershey Mad Money is still in tact. Bob 

• Like 3

Auburnseeker,

If you definately pass on this one,

maybe consider sharing the contact so others on this FORUM, and the BUICK portion of the FORUM may consider it?

This is a relatively rare, and desireable model 

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Auburnseeker,

If you definately pass on this one,

maybe consider sharing the contact so others on this FORUM, and the BUICK portion of the FORUM may consider it?

This is a relatively rare, and desireable model 

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/1761

I am amused by the seller listing $70,000 $29,500 as his asking price. I think that's still a bit ambitious, but it's also a good entry-level Full Classic that should drive well if it's right.

• Like 3

Unless he sold it this morning ,  which he said he was in no rush to,  after I emailed him to tell him I was going to pass on it as I was headed to Hershey, It's still for sale.  He also indicated he would take 25G for it.  It's on Facebook in VT.  Williston I believe.   

Surprisingly there seems to be a few of them for sale or atleast have been for sale in the last 6 months.  As neat and attractive as it is,  there are alot of cars on the market and coming on the market,  so I chose to wait it out until something screams buy me.  I have a very wide net cast with a huge bucket list and always open for something like this that pops up.  It just didn't feel like the right car for me right now.  Maybe part of it was it didn't need enough work for me.  I like wet sanding buffing,  Mechanical sorting etc. 

We'll see what Hershey turns up. 

• Like 1

I already found a pretty nice 31 Franklin Roadster I was interested in,  but wrong coast and it just sold after I found it,  so someone rescued me from agonizing over it. 

Too many doors and a fixed roof on the together ones.   I know I'm picky.  Never cared much for a sedan.  Now the Buick being a Vicky was a little different. It had nice looking lines.  I liked the proportions better. 

• Like 1

Franklins are great driving cars.

There has to be a reason one of my uncles has owned almost a dozen of them over the years. 😃

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, zepher said:

Franklins are great driving cars.

There has to be a reason one of my uncles has owned almost a dozen of them over the years. 😃

Like VW bugs?

If there is an runner in the driveway there are a dozen or so in the back 40.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:58 AM, edinmass said:

o where near the quality of a Caddy, but a better driver. It is very similar to the Auburns of the era as far as body and chassis.

There's a funny thing about Cadillacs and Buicks. One can own a Buick that is a little shabby around the edges and it is a pretty nice car. A Cadillac that is a little shabby is a shabby car.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:22 PM, auburnseeker said:

This doesn't feel like it for me at this time.

I know that feeling. My next car is going to be eating me up inside, pushing beyond my budget, and making me generally agitated until it is in my garage. If you find yourself capable of coming around to analyzing a car purchase and you are anything like me... the car will be a flip.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Like VW bugs?

If there is an runner in the driveway there are a dozen or so in the back 40.

Not sure your analogy fits since most Franklins these days are not rotting away in the back 40.

17 hours ago, zepher said:

Not sure your analogy fits since most Franklins these days are not rotting away in the back 40.

It was a joke. Not many people own a dozen of the same make.