Please identify, cool picture

My Dad and Mom had a baby blue 1960 Valiant station wagon. I was 7 1/2 years old. We (five kids and two parents) took a trip across the country from Detroit to get my sister in Nebraska. We stopped at state parks and there was one with bison roaming all over. Might have been Custer State Park. Well, my Dad pulled into a place to get a closer look and that is when a bison decided to defend his territory. He snorted like a bull and bowed his head and charged our little Valiant as we "sped" off with our little slant six working as had as it could. Whew, that was close. 

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

This thing hurts my eyes.:lol:

So ugly it's awesome. I love it. I have a similar Fury in my showroom now and it's one of my favorite cars. Ridiculous to look at, but that's part of the appeal, no? Everyone loves this thing every time I bring it out--it gets more attention than almost anything else I've driven in recent memory. Funky is cool.

001.thumb.JPG.213dbc87eb437623f708af3ca40b1502.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

Matts "so ugly its awesome", Reminds me of those early `60s Dodge vans, they had the googglie-eyed look too.

Like the truck I had. Called it Gumby because of the big "eyes" and originally Desert Turquoise paint....

545661_3408450368988_2143886705_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

So ugly it's awesome. I love it. I have a similar Fury in my showroom now and it's one of my favorite cars. Ridiculous to look at, but that's part of the appeal, no? Everyone loves this thing every time I bring it out--it gets more attention than almost anything else I've driven in recent memory. Funky is cool.

001.thumb.JPG.213dbc87eb437623f708af3ca40b1502.JPG

There's a 62 Plymouth sedan floating around Washington State with a license plate that says XNRSXIT.....

I like those too. It was the first B-body. Tom McCahill loved it, but nobody bought any. It was a huge success later on, so I guess old Uncle Tom was right.

As much as I hate to admit it, I bought one of those Datsun 2 liters when I was 21 years old. It was a rocket.

One of the two cars that I ever bought new.

Neither made it very far as they are the only two cars that I have totaled in my life.

You will NEVER guess what the other one was.

Hint, Both of the cars that I bought new were the only two Japanese cars I have ever owned.