1954 Skylark Body No. 793 AACA National First Place Winner. The Finest!!

imotors

Sadly, it's time to let the next custodian take over!!!

I have owned this rust free Skylark for almost 25 years. I purchased it in 1995 from a fellow whose family owned it in Argentina!! It has been tediously restored over a 16 year period to exact authenticity, and was finished in 2011. Powder coated everything(except frame) to include the transmission, steering box, and steering pump cases, along with nuts and bolts!! Even the radio case and hardware have been powder coated. I wanted it to last forever. Wins wherever it goes. BCA gold Senior(399/400) in 2011. BCA Preservation(400/400) in 2012. AACA first JR.. in 2012. AACA Sr. in 2016. AACA Second Grand National in 2018. All documents, receipts and photographs, along with 2 different appraisals are included. Sure to please the most discriminating buyer. All interesting trades considered. Below is a link to about 90 photos. $199,999.00 Steve 412-638-2647

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FqZ1in6z1GWPTunN6

DSCF6221.jpg

DSCF6249.jpg

DSCF6283.jpg

DSCF6284.jpg

DSCF6293.jpg

DSCF6272.jpg

DSCF6309.jpg

DSCF6308.jpg

DSCF6322.jpg

DSCF6333.jpg

DSCF6349.jpg

DSCF6354.jpg

DSCF6361.jpg

DSCF6373.jpg

DSCF6380.jpg

Edited by imotors (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, imotors said:

. . . It has been tediously restored . . . to exact authenticity . . . Powder coated everything(except frame) to include the transmission, steering box, and steering pump cases, along with nuts and bolts!! Even the radio case and hardware have been powder coated . . . wins wherever it goes. BCA gold Senior(399/400) in 2011. BCA Preservation(400/400) in 2012 . . . 

DSCF6373.jpg

It would be interesting to know what the judges gigged you for when they came up with 399/400 points. All your other posted pictures tell a different story. Did the BCA judges question or ask you for proof (Buick documentation) on why you finished the two items as shown in the above picture?

(1) Why is your frame stencil-painted White upside down and it shows that the frame was intended for a 1954 SPECIAL 46C Convertible and not for a Model 100 1954 SKYLARK Convertible?

(2) Why is the underside of the body tub painted to match the topside of the tub? Before you painted the underside Malibu Blue, were you aware that 1954 Buicks left the assembly plant with a red-oxide primer coat? Would you call painting it body-color authentic?

Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Al,

My 55 Century convertible had the stencil upside down as well. I assume they were painted that way. Mine also had a 46C designation. The number on the frame is the part number, btw, not a serial number. 
Painting the underside is considered “over-restoration” and is not gigged on BCA judging. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Al,

Mike(buick5563) is 100% correct on both counts. Skylarks were customized Small Body Convertibles(40/60/100). I believe that ALL of them started life as a "46C". I am well aware that the unnderbody should be primer. I just like it better this was, and am considering it "Over" restored. BCA Dinged me for Stainless Fuel lines from the pump to the carb. They are allegedly engine color. I just like them the way that they are!

Thanks for your comment!!

Kind regards

steve apter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, imotors said:

Al,

Mike(buick5563) is 100% correct on both counts. Skylarks were customized Small Body Convertibles(40/60/100). I believe that ALL of them started life as a "46C". I am well aware that the unnderbody should be primer. I just like it better this was, and am considering it "Over" restored. BCA Dinged me for Stainless Fuel lines from the pump to the carb. They are allegedly engine color. I just like them the way that they are!

Thanks for your comment!!

Kind regards

steve apter

I like the look of the stainless steel fuel lines as well.  Shhhhh....don't tell anyone.   

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...