Weeds should be illegal...how about this Mopar?

trimacar

Visiting a friend who will not be named, nor location disclosed, as I don't think anything in his private little stash of cars is available.

This was sitting in the weeds.

It surely will get some people's heart racing, knowing it's there and unobtainable...….

Didn't even have to use my thumb to cover up any license plates...

charger.jpg

Hey, I used the weed eater last weekend.....😁

Oh, not my yard....

Anything 68-69 charger has a cult following that makes them forget it is just a car.  Just to own a rusted out project that the slightest breeze makes rust chunks fall off a car that will never be restored or made road worthy gains you entry into the church of charger to worship at that alter.  At any car show around here you hear mention "charger project" and it is like the Mopar siren is calling all within 5 miles onto the rocks of destruction. It will be bought regardless of condition and cost just so it can be moved from one grown over patch of mud to THEIR grown over patch of mud.  The Siren song will then repeat a few years later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I bought a Charger once for $200.00. Drove it home, stripped the stuff I wanted from it and sold it the same day for $400.00. The guy I sold it to, took it home and stripped the body to the ribs and sold the hulk for $1000.00. I thought THAT was crazy, but now they are worth about what trimacar said.

• Like 1

And lets not forget the grand tales you get to tell of the greatness of that charger you own. (Best to use any recollection of the Bullit chase scene as your own) The magic of speed of light it can go and how that 440 HP motor is basically the same one that took Neil Armstrong to the moon.  Of course when asked of it's whereabouts it shall always been in the process of a full frame off restoration (Well the frame did rust off the body) and so close to getting prepped for paint. BUT JUST YOU WAIT as a couple of years from THIS very day nothing will be able to hold a candle too it.  tic tic tic    (1 year later) What happened to the charger ? OH this big shot collector found out I had it with the Neil Armstrong moon package with double power windows and that super rare Cape Canaveral launch trac pack and offered me so much money I could not turn him down is what happened. But you should see this Cuda' I just picked up as a project ! (Insert every Cuda is a Hemi Siren song here )

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

I bought a Charger once for $200.00. Drove it home, stripped the stuff I wanted from it and sold it the same day for $400.00. The guy I sold it to, took it home and stripped the body to the ribs and sold the hulk for $1000.00. I thought THAT was crazy, but now they are worth about what trimacar said.

That's very impressive, but I'm afraid I have you beat on price: My brother and I bought a '68 in the 1980's for $175...that's $87.50 each. YOU have me beat on brains, though, Keiser...I sold my half to my brother for what I paid for it! (I needed the money.) He turned a profit on the car, but not that much. I can't figure out why project 2nd gen Chargers are so much more valuable today than other cool late '60's American cars.  Maybe not as many made as Chevelles or Lemans. Those Chargers were awfully pretty. 

Not hard with stiff front and loose (or no) rear swaybars. They often has speed bumps on the inside of turns at SCCA tracks. I used to just carry the inside front tire over the apex and was drifting the rear so not a problem.

Think somebody counted fourteen hubcaps coming loose and the VW is in almost as many shots.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

I saw 6 black fiberglass "sleds" that looked from a distance just like that car, in Salida  Colorado just after they finished filming some of "The Fate of the Furious" up on Monarch pass (U.S. 50) a while back.

Sorry, I did not think to take pictures, but I won't forget them.

They looked quite forlorn on the trailer. Like old war horses.

Mike in Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

I hate to talk about all the Chargers that I went thru when it was my car of choice on the dirt tracks.

I bought every one I saw that was $500 or less just for body parts.

Its not supposed to be a contact sport, ,,,but...….

Thing on the hood looks like a paint ball gun hopper

Image result for paintball gun hopper

Had a chance to buy a 1968 Charger when I was 15, my Dad never stopped laughing, came that close to being a Dodge guy.  383, auto, orange, white interior, $400.

Bought a 1972 Mach 1, 351 Cobra Jet, think it got 6 mph.... a year later, for $600, I have had Fords ever since.