1957 Buick Special, $8,500

Our family has enjoyed this car for about 10 years now. It's been a real pleasure to drive to different outings and local shows. It is no show winner by any means. Just a fun car to drive and not have to worry about the occasional scratch. I'd say the car is solid. Usually the floors including the trunk are ate up with rust. I'm not sure why this car is the exception but it has somehow survived. It has been repaired in front of the rear wheels with patches at some point. The lower rockers are original I believe and show no rot. The paint on this car is good and  what I like to call a 10 footer. In other words looks great at 10 feet away. I'm not sure who painted it years ago but they didn't know exactly how to do a good job. However it did save it from further deterioration saving it for our family to enjoy. The car has bumpers that are in great condition with just a little rust around the front mounting bolts. The bumpers are usually shot if you know anything about 57 buicks and good ones are highly sought after. 

The interior has been customized and is very comfortable with a soft leather seats. The interior was done very well. The radio works as it should.

Mechanically, the car runs and drives well. It doesn't currently have power brakes, but I bought the correct unit to install power brakes with all the necessary linkage and such to do so. I also have the necessary parts to install period correct power steering that the car would have originally. Also the original wheels and hub caps will be included with the sale. The hub caps are in great shape.

I can be contacted at dchafin1122@gmail.com and I'm located around Lima, Ohio. I have a lift if you would like further exploration of the cars underside. I will answer any questions that you may have to the best of my ability.  

20190811_170054.jpg

20190811_170141.jpg

20190811_170158.jpg

20190811_170210.jpg

20190811_170551.jpg

20190811_170241.jpg

20190811_170453.jpg

Edited by buicknewbee (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • 8 months later...