54 Skylark project

old-tank

I have enjoyed owning a few cars like that. And that one would be tempting if I had the space. Space has been holding me back from two cars I have been looking at for over a year now.

There are a lot of car hobbyists who get hung up on the idea that a car HAS to be completed. Other than the random self appointed concours judge that might enter the garage, I am comfortable answering the burning question "When are you ever going to get that done?" with an overly casual "Maybe never."

Given the space, a project shaped like a '54 Skylark in the garage would suit me just fine.

When I tire of an incomplete project I just clean it, make a good sales presentation, price fairly, and find the next guy to continue on. Once in a while I get lucky and spend the money on a nice collector, but mostly I buy another project and a new challenge.

My wife knows. She will say "All your cars run and drive. Aren't you anxious for another project?"

I haven't been without one for very long since she met me.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is one of my top fave Buicks.  I damn near bid on it.  If I had one less car I would have.  It will be some time before I could pop for one already restored.  This would have been a good placeholder.  Thing is I already have a placeholder 57 76C too.  Somebody will be happy to get this car.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, jackofalltrades70 said:

There are several off the top of my head that are capable of this feat!

Bhigdog

Oldtank 

Smartin

Mudbone

Mike Middleton 

Not opening a can of worms on who can or cannot do it.  Just people off the top of my head that are beyond capable!

Matt

On 9/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, jackofalltrades70 said:

There are several off the top of my head that are capable of this feat!

Bhigdog

Oldtank 

Smartin

Mudbone

Mike Middleton 

Not opening a can of worms on who can or cannot do it.  Just people off the top of my head that are beyond capable!

Matt

On 9/16/2019 at 11:34 PM, Glassesguy said:

All of us remember the restoration Bhigdog did on the 55 Century convertible a few years ago. This would be a piece of cake for him relatively speaking.

You are too kind.........bob