sportsman

'65 Riv Glove box won't open best process to remove

What specifically is going on? Does the release button not push in? If it is frozen it is most likely locked and needs

the key inserted and rotated to unlock the door.

On 9/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, sportsman said:

yes I tried rotating the lock but the button will not budge   hate to force and damage the lid   is the unlocked position horizotal or verticle  on the lock when set to open ?   wonder if the whole lock set came loose or somehow rotated/moved ?  THANKS  FOR YOUR THOUGHTS 

The glove box is locked when the slot for the key is straight up & down, north & south.  When it points east or west it's unlocked.  Or that's the way it is on my '64 Riv. I've owned since new.

Tom T.

Make sure it's in the unlocked position and try squirting oil around the release button and let it soak for a while and see if it will push in then. 

Remove the dash pad and work on it from above. A drop of oil can really help.

Try gently pressing in on the door as you press the lock button.  This takes some of the pressure off of the latch so that pressing the button will retract it.

I had the same issue on my glove box.  I really had to press on it.  I mean a lot of pressure.  I also moved the door a little.  Out of the blue, it popped open.