Sign in to follow this  
keiser31

Saw this modified 1948 Jaguar today....

My wife's cousin told me about this modified, 1948 Jaguar XK120?? that is in the local Mercedes/Jaguar repair shop up the street. I got some shots through the glass....nobody home. Here are some shots to share.

IMG_5766 (2).JPG

IMG_5767 (2).JPG

IMG_5764 (2).JPG

IMG_5765 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank God they're using the same Torque Thrust wheels everyone else uses!

So many talented custom car guys with so little vision or imagination.

• Like 1

I'd love to find an XK120 Coupe shell, everything from the firewall back, interior could be gutted. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

140 had the MG taillights, these are 120ish out of a Caddy ?. Still it could be an assembled car with an LS, 700R4, and a nine-inch. Kinda looks like disk brakes.

I always liked the torque-thrusts: has the proper number of spokes.

46 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I'd love to find an XK120 Coupe shell, everything from the firewall back, interior could be gutted. Bob 

If I were a rich man....I would get this local car....

Picture 24057.jpg

Picture 24055.jpg

Picture 23700.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

My wife has always wanted one of those XK 140's.   Now she has one. (At least 1/8 pf one)  A Lucky find at the local Junk yard.2838081_AprilEbayStuff029.thumb.jpg.16b6f8e5b171f549473a3dad11848e19.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe your junkyard find is a later sedan rather than a 140. Still very cool.

keiser, I've seen this car before.  Or at least this image of it. If my memory is not failing me, this Jag is parked near a vintage Packard, yes?

547507982_Picture23700.thumb.jpg.e6a65131927011f68b28b0eae57e1233.jpg

Just now, GregLaR said:

keiser, I've seen this car before.  Or at least this image of it. If my memory is not failing me, this Jag is parked near a vintage Packard, yes?

547507982_Picture23700.thumb.jpg.e6a65131927011f68b28b0eae57e1233.jpg

Yes, I posted photos of it before and yes, a couple miles from the Jaguar is that Packard I posted photos of sitting outside, too.

• Like 1

Thank you for confirming my lucidity.

I hate those moments where I ask myself, "Did that really happen or did I dream that?" :lol:

• Haha 1

Early Jags are a good looking car, looking forward to working on mine again. I hope this picture is of the car being moved inside? Picture 24057.jpg

6 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Thank you for confirming my lucidity.

I hate those moments where I ask myself, "Did that really happen or did I dream that?" :lol:

My memory is actually getting better as I get older. It's so good now I even remember things that never happened.

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Note the MGA style  taillights on the 140 coupe. 120s were round. Think there was also a 140MC with a red (higher compression) head. Really dredging now but think the grey head was 7.0:1, red 8.0:1 and gold 9.0:1. Before the 150s all had dual carbs - think HD-6s, 150s and E-type had triple HD-8s.

Pretty sure the orange nose is from a 3.8 MkII sedan (popular car for the peelers)

10 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Early Jags are a good looking car, looking forward to working on mine again. I hope this picture is of the car being moved inside? Picture 24057.jpg

Unfortunately, no.

18 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

I believe your junkyard find is a later sedan rather than a 140. Still very cool.

That's right, but don't spoil the thought for her, even though she's still waiting

for the rest of the Jag.  A little body work, Bondo & Paint, with working lights

wired to a motion sensor, it makes a good piece of wall art.