Saw this modified 1948 Jaguar today....

keiser31

My wife's cousin told me about this modified, 1948 Jaguar XK120?? that is in the local Mercedes/Jaguar repair shop up the street. I got some shots through the glass....nobody home. Here are some shots to share.

IMG_5766 (2).JPG

IMG_5767 (2).JPG

IMG_5764 (2).JPG

IMG_5765 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

140 had the MG taillights, these are 120ish out of a Caddy ?. Still it could be an assembled car with an LS, 700R4, and a nine-inch. Kinda looks like disk brakes.

I always liked the torque-thrusts: has the proper number of spokes.

Just now, GregLaR said:

keiser, I've seen this car before.  Or at least this image of it. If my memory is not failing me, this Jag is parked near a vintage Packard, yes?

547507982_Picture23700.thumb.jpg.e6a65131927011f68b28b0eae57e1233.jpg

Yes, I posted photos of it before and yes, a couple miles from the Jaguar is that Packard I posted photos of sitting outside, too.

6 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Thank you for confirming my lucidity.

I hate those moments where I ask myself, "Did that really happen or did I dream that?" :lol:

My memory is actually getting better as I get older. It's so good now I even remember things that never happened.

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Note the MGA style  taillights on the 140 coupe. 120s were round. Think there was also a 140MC with a red (higher compression) head. Really dredging now but think the grey head was 7.0:1, red 8.0:1 and gold 9.0:1. Before the 150s all had dual carbs - think HD-6s, 150s and E-type had triple HD-8s.

Pretty sure the orange nose is from a 3.8 MkII sedan (popular car for the peelers)

18 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

I believe your junkyard find is a later sedan rather than a 140. Still very cool.

That's right, but don't spoil the thought for her, even though she's still waiting

for the rest of the Jag.  A little body work, Bondo & Paint, with working lights

wired to a motion sensor, it makes a good piece of wall art.