1932 Buick window regulator 90 series

CTCV

I am not sure which side or front or back door. It does not move although I have no interest in forcing it. 

I could use bumper bolts at the bumper ends that connect the front bumper bar to the spring bar. Forgive the terminology not sure what it is called. 

Let me know if you need it.

Tony.

20190912_174124.jpg

Thanks Bob

I saw the bolts on the registry. I can't put that much money in the car for that. I need to focus all funds for more critical repairs. I have a very good front bumper core that I hope to get rechromed.  I can make the bolts.

Tony

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:06 AM, Robert Engle said:

1933 Buick registry has repro bumper end bolts

The window regulator looks like a good candidate for the electrolytic rust removal process.There was a good thread showing the process posted recently on the process.

Bob Engle

I did the electrolytic process and freed up some parts. Teeth on the quadrant show wear in about 40 percent of the middle. Additonally there are three drilled holes in the handle mount that do not seem factory. May not be the best candidate for rebuilding. The crank seems useful so I am posting these pics. Not sure if this should be In Buick parts or Pre War.

2019-09-14 09.33.36.jpg

2019-09-14 09.34.12.jpg

2019-09-14 09.34.44.jpg

I am not sure that the handle, mount and escutchion  are 1932 Buick parts. On the smaller series cars, the hand has a detent on the inside that locks onto the splines on the regulator and the scutchion is spring loaded against the door panel and the crank handle.  This may be why the additional holes were added to hold the assembly together.

my knowledge on the 90 series cars is more limited than on teh 50 -60 series cars.

I can post photos of the 50 series parts if you are interested.

Bob Engle

My only concern would be misrepresentation of the part since I do not want to deceive anyone. I am not sure how the handle comes off the mount.  The escutcheon looks like it's threaded on but I could not get it to un-screw. Well if someone needs it I think the pics are clear enough for them to know if it's what they need. 

• 2 years later...