'71-'73 Impala Front Fenders

62BillT

I always believed that '71-'73 Impala Front Fenders were the same, but a quick check in the book (Hollander Interchange) states they are different.  I know the Front Corner piece is different, but figured they would interchange otherwise.  Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Fleek said:

Most obvious difference at first glance is the move of the side marker light to the lower part of the fender on the 73.

That's true.  I forgot about that, although in this case we are trying to put '72 Fenders on a '71.

15 minutes ago, Joe in Canada said:

I bought a new 1973 Impala. Whenever I think of that car I remember the horrendous gas mileage I got on it. Sorry for going off topic but it was bad.

Probably because of the added pollution controls on it.  

I had my '72 getting about 24 Hi-way at one time.  

My '71 with a 4-Barrel would get 20 and my other '71 with a 2-Barrel would get 22.

All not bad for a big car.

1 hour ago, 62BillT said:

Probably because of the added pollution controls on it.  

I had my '72 getting about 24 Hi-way at one time.  

My '71 with a 4-Barrel would get 20 and my other '71 with a 2-Barrel would get 22.

All not bad for a big car.

73 was the worst milage for Chevy as it was the beginning of new emission systems. The tops in mileage was 18 miles to the gallon and remember back then Canada had imperial measurement's that were larger than US gal.

1 hour ago, Joe in Canada said:

I bought a new 1973 Impala. Whenever I think of that car I remember the horrendous gas mileage I got on it. Sorry for going off topic but it was bad.

I bought a new Chevelle SS in 1973 with the 350 engine and 2 bbl carb.  Mileage was indeed awful.  I was driving 85 miles a day round trip to work.  A big part of my paycheck went for gasoline expenses.