Sign in to follow this  
1935Packard

Time for a new CCCA logo?

I'm a big fan of the CCCA as an organization, and a longtime member.  But am I right that the CCCA's logo is sort of strangely outdated today?  From a design standpoint, it seems to scream out "1983."  Or maybe it's just me.

505655169_ScreenShot2019-09-11at3_24_57PM.png.b569456eac5dc48508b19ebf08ba3b73.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1935Packard said:

I'm a big fan of the CCCA as an organization, and a longtime member.  But am I right that the CCCA's logo is sort of strangely outdated today?  From a design standpoint, it seems to scream out "1983."  Or maybe it's just me.

I need to take a picture  of the front of my dad's garage where he had the logo immortalized in stained glass that is lit at night.

And yes Orin, I agree with you completely!

• Like 1

Since it was made by comitee back in 1955 or 1956, it should look dated. Presley Blake was one of the people involved, and he is 104 years old and looking good when I last saw him in January. The design is a blend of 15 cars........there is an article about it back in the 80's if I remember correctly. I agree its time for an upgrade.........Orin, you should be in charge! I would volunteer but the club seems to know something I don't about my future.........I just recieved a notice to renew my membership.........and I have been a life member for more than 25 years...........guess my time is short!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just renewed my membership-

I'm still year-by-year,

with three eligible cars:

1930 Packard Touring

1937 Buick Roadmaster Phaeton

1941 Cadillac convertible cabriolet- First Place Touring at the Ohio Grand Classic a few years back, following the mini-CARavan

and only a year left on my fourth pacemaker ...

... and yes, I'm open to new designs, but still respect the history of the current one

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

I took this one today just for this thread.  My dad didn't want me to because he was afraid somebody would copy him.   That made me chuckle.

CCCA-Logo-Window.jpg

• Like 3

AJ- do me a favor, power wash and paint your dad’s garage! I will copy him and you mom in on this thread.

• Haha 1

Eddy,  there are big renovations going on.   My dad is spending about what it cost to build the place to fix it after 20 years.

• Like 3

Steve......where do you think AJ and his dad got the inspiration to paint the V-12 from? They copied the car in the logo.........!

• Haha 1

Ed, for the record I actually like the CCCA logo, I think it transitions well to apparel even though I have not been a member for a while.  (Went from 8 clubs to 3, but may rejoin since I am letting mtfca drop now.  MARC updated their logo not too long ago and its ok, but a little cartoonish.  The traditional 30, 31 face is still available for now and remains popular.

So, understanding my interloper status, I am Surprised AJ is on board with upstart Orin's take here!  🤗🤗

41 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

So, understanding my interloper status, I am Surprised AJ is on board with upstart Orin's take here!  🤗🤗

My goal is to welcome any new blood under 70 that might have the ability to buy one of my cars.   That and a lot of alcohol should get the job done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

My goal is to welcome any new blood under 70 that might have the ability to buy one of my cars.   That and a lot of alcohol should get the job done.

Next time buy cars that someone wants........just saying. If it helps I can bail you out at 35 cents on the dollar. Not today’s dollar........back when you bought in. Gotta leave me some room to tweak them. 🤔

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Next time buy cars that someone wants....🤔

I would have but somebody else bought all the Pierce Arrows.

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

I would have but somebody else bought all the Pierce Arrows.

When it comes to Pierce Arrows, there is a vast right wing conspiracy to buy them all up. It’s some kind of mafia association in Western Mass that is causing all the problems...........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

When it comes to Pierce Arrows, there is a vast right wing conspiracy to buy them all up. It’s some kind of mafia association in Western Mass that is causing all the problems...........

On the Left Coast. there's that guy in Stockton, CA with 20-something Pierces, not counting multiple parts cars.  And Ernie in SoCal with about 22.  In the Bay Area, my Evil Twin BobJ (I blame all accusations against me on him because we're often mistaken for one another) and I have 8-1/2 between us plus one Travelodge.

Leaving Monday morning for the annual 4-day Modoc Tour (usually about 65 1910s and 1920s cars), usually 40% of them Pierces and 20% Model Ts.  Modoc County is in the NE corner of Califunny at 4,400 ft (and goes up from there), large geographically but with a minuscule population, with one traffic light in the entire county.  Makes for great touring, although this year we'll get rained on pretty well (not our first rodeo).  Everyone up there drives friendly and respectfully, and there are no young girls texting while driving as a sideline activity.  I'd hate to be a vegetarian on the Modoc Tour, as BBQ is the standard fare.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:49 AM, alsancle said:

I am easier to read than I had thought.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, 1935Packard said:

505655169_ScreenShot2019-09-11at3_24_57PM.png.b569456eac5dc48508b19ebf08ba3b73.png

Here's what I'd do:

Remove the wind-wings on the front windshield (which would involve redesigning the entire windshield frame some)

Remove the HUGE hood ornament

Make the bumpers smaller

Remove the Marmon-esque built-in trunk

Other than that, not a terrible looking design, but I know that I've never cared for it after being in the club 60 years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Here's what I'd do:

Remove the wind-wings on the front windshield (which would involve redesigning the entire windshield frame some)

Remove the HUGE hood ornament

Make the bumpers smaller

Remove the Marmon-esque built-in trunk

Other than that, not a terrible looking design, but I know that I've never cared for it after being in the club 60 years.

Oh. I forgot to add that the wheels need to look more like 19-inch split rims, rather than 13-inch with balloon tires.

I have only been a member of the CCCA for about 1 year now and I have thought the logo represents the CCCA well.  There are probably some things you could do to 'modernize' it but I don't think it turns anyone away either.