Small car hood and radiator shell

sagefinds

Picked this pair up at a recent swapmeet just out of curiosity. The seller out of Montana was getting rid of some of his uncle's estate items and thought the uncle put the emblem on the shell. It says Holmberg Manufacturing Co San Francisco Calif,Quality and Design. To me it looks factory installed but no info online or in the Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars on a Holmberg car. The hood has pins sticking out so the latch would have to have a hole in it. Hood side panels 22 3/4" long,11 1/4" tall. Any help appreciated.

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5919.JPG

Stat your search for Model T Ford Aftermarket Body Companies, the shell looks like one and so would the hood. 

The split top top on the shell makes it appear as if it was made to slip over an existing one without removing it from the car, which is odd as well... maybe it’s made to cover the earlier brass radiator to “modernize” it?

Mark,

You're making a lot of sense on things I hadn't even thought of. A regular low radiator neck is too big to fit the shell. I have an early 490 Chevy radiator which would more match the curved top of the replacement shell but it depends on tabs coming off the rad in several places that bolt to the stock shell. I have a brass T top tank with neck I'll try when I get across town to the storage bldg. again and see what it does. I never noticed the printing on the little plate on the back side until I was looking at the pictures. It has some wear spots but does have IRVINE & JACHENS,under that is 1027,under that I can only make out  T ST SA ---  So it is serial numbered. Thanks for your help. 

Steve

I think Mark nailed this one down like a new roof. The top of that brass radiator just tucks in under the top of the shell. Just enough room for the neck,and only the core would show in the front. You could take the old brass era T and make it look like a late model,say 1917.

IMG_5927.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG