Sign in to follow this  
TrekLawler

89 TC Consideration for Sale

Hello everyone,

well the unfortunate day has finally come where I need to consider reducing the vehicle herd at my house and selling my 89 TC. I purchased this car in Sept. 2017 from a neighbor who was retiring and had inherited if from her parents who ordered and bought it new in the Southern California area. I'm basically the 2nd owner of the car, it has 57,000 miles on it and I've honestly only been able to drive it for 3 miles since I've owned it. the car was in very good shape when I bought it on needing some minor issues taken care of such as the power antenna repair, all of the hydraulic cylinders for the trunk, hood, spare tire access have been replaced. when I got it, it had been sitting in her garage for almost 15 years and when I started and drove it just about every rubber piece had rotted and broke. so I proceeded to replace the halfshafts, seals in the tranny and front end components, all of the shocks and struts. rubber hoses in the engine bay and all brake components. the anti lock brake system did not work very well so the system was converted to a vacuum assist system per some of the instructions that have been provided on this board. As you can see I replaced the radio with an aftermarket JVC unit, but still have the factory unit. I also took apart the center console and removed the cassette holders and cleaned it up and flocked it. you can see in the pics that the car has the original tool kit and umbrella, I've also got the factory manuals for it as well. The car has been garage kept its whole life and the only problem with the car is a small oil leak which appears to be around the rear main seal, the insulation piece that goes on the underside of the hood and lastly the drivers side seatbelt plastic piece near the floor mount is cracked and broke but still there. I also have every piece of paperwork from the original sale with the car. The reason I purchased it was for me and my wife as we reach retirement years to have something to put the top down and go on some nice cruise evenings. Unfortunately as most will understand, life usually does not turn out that way, we're now full time caregivers for my mother in law and life changes for two of my adult kids took place and they have moved back home. Thus necessitating the need to sell some vehicles to have more room in garages and driveways. I'm not in a position to have to sell it, but just posting to see if there is any interest and what I could possible get for it. I live in the Kansas City, MO area, any thoughts?

20190830_191121.jpg

20190830_191136.jpg

20190830_191144.jpg

20190830_191151.jpg

20190830_191203.jpg

20190830_191214.jpg

20190830_191234.jpg

20190830_191239.jpg

20190830_191251.jpg

20190830_191256.jpg

20190830_191302.jpg

20190830_191328.jpg

20190830_191348.jpg

20190830_191354.jpg

20190830_191402.jpg

20190830_191408.jpg

20190830_191455.jpg

20190830_191501.jpg

20190830_191855.jpg

20190830_194304.jpg

20190830_194514.jpg

Edited by TrekLawler (see edit history)

I for one see a very nice 89 TC with very low mileage. That is not even 2,000 miles a year. It is understandable that you had to replace so much 'rubber' stuff and other misc parts. Looking at the engine compartment, it is in very original looking condition with the A/C compressor having been replaced and now charged with 134, which is good. The market is still soft on these cars so don't ask too much or you will just see no nibbles.

It's a shame that you cannot keep it, I certainly enjoy mine with more than 4 times the miles on the odometer. The conversion to standard vacuum assisted brakes should relieve the potential buyer of worries about the ABS system failing.  Good luck...  Hemi.

1 hour ago, Hemi Dude said:

I for one see a very nice 89 TC with very low mileage. That is not even 2,000 miles a year. It is understandable that you had to replace so much 'rubber' stuff and other misc parts. Looking at the engine compartment, it is in very original looking condition with the A/C compressor having been replaced and now charged with 134, which is good. The market is still soft on these cars so don't ask too much or you will just see no nibbles.

It's a shame that you cannot keep it, I certainly enjoy mine with more than 4 times the miles on the odometer. The conversion to standard vacuum assisted brakes should relieve the potential buyer of worries about the ABS system failing.  Good luck...  Hemi.

Thanks Hemi,

yea, it would have to be the right price to let it go. as I indicated I really don't need to sell it as it's not costing me anything at the moment, but space. I couldn't have done the brakes without your assistance, they still need some work as they're still a little soft, but all of the rubber brake lines had to also be replaced. but the car runs absolutely perfect. as a matter of fact I was convinced to sell it until I started it up and pulled it out this past weekend to get pics and then sat down in it again. then the pure niceness of the car set in and I started doubting myself again. so the right buyer and price would have to come along.