Dodge 880, 361 oil pan needed

Brooklyn Beer

Mine looks like it went 15 rounds with a floor jack and a couple boulders. It is cracked on the corners from the abuse as well.  Anyone have a stock spare 361 oil pan sitting on a shelf they would care to part with? This stupid grocery getter 4 door sedan is growing on me.  I swore this would not happen. Since I am dropping and replacing all the steering linkage I would like to swap the pan out during that time.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Nope.  Won't fit.   I am about 7"  from front of pan lip to front of sump.  Sump is about 7 1/4 long.  There is no room really between front of sump and the cross member.

Can you post a photo of the one you have? I have a 383 or 361 pan in my shop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Can you post a photo of the one you have? I have a 383 or 361 pan in my shop.

The position of the sump back from the front lip of the oil pan looks to be the critical measurement.  It is no less then 7 1/4 inches from the lip to the front of the sump. Sump itself is 7 and 1/4 inches long with a rear drain.  Looks much like the one Turbine posted just the sump has to be farther back to clear the cross member yet not to long for drag link clearance..  Mine is still in the car and will see if I can crawl under tomorrow and get a couple pics.  Can't get up on ramps right now as I have the belts off doing a power steering pump swap.  Plan on swapping the pan when I put in the new drag link (it is literally dragging on the pan), idler arm bushings and tie rod ends.  I have a want listed on the dodge 880 facebook page and every parts yard from french lake to Joes crap yard doesn't have one. Nothing comes up I will just pound the crap out of it and braze it at work.  I know it's going to split all to hell and back

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)