1967 GS wheels/tires

I've spent years restoring two 36 Buick model 40 and now turning my attention to my 67 GS. It is restored but has Keystone mags, which I believe are 15 x 8, and rub on some sharp turns. Would like to return to original and not sure of wheel code. Know at one time I had a chart that showed  the codes for different years/models. Anyone have a copy they would share? I assume my GS had 14 x 7 wheels with F70 x 14 wide ovals, is that correct? Of the reproductions made anyone with experience and have opinion as to which is best? What is best replacement tire on market, not most expensive but best look and close to original? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might consider buying used wheels and having them restored but assume the cost would most likely be prohibitive. Also the center wheel cap--what was correct for the 67 GS?

Thanks

Rod

Edited by rlcokc (see edit history)

Those were likely 14 x 6" wide rims.  But I do not know the code.  Does your car have drum or disc brakes?  Most rims made today will fit either configuration, but original rims for drum brakes will not fit over the calipers for disc brakes.  Many people today use the 15x6  with the smaller bolt pattern.  

Tires are up to the individual.  The good news is if you want to go original style, 1967 was the first year for radials on the Skylarks. 

The centers would be the red skylark bird with ribs on the circumference. 

Centers I believe are available as re pops and a fellow named Mitch Romanowski deals in these. The wheels and rims are a bit tougher to find.  

One thing of concern is the offset for the wheel.  These rims were made in several different offsets and the reason seems to be that without the correct offset, it is difficult to get the wheels and tires onto the rear axle due to the shape of the body.  The low wheel welts can interfere with the ability to slip the rims with tires passed it.  So you'll need an early generation rim, which I believe is stamped JK.  Here is a link to the rally wheel reference on  https://www.teambuick.com/reference/rallye_wheels.php

This is from the TEAM BUICK web site.   

thanks again. Think the code registration from Team Buick may have been the document I was referring to. 

Believe the wheels for 67 were black, satin as opposed to the Light met. silver, satin as shown--isn't that correct? 

Anyone have experience with AKH Vintage Wheels in state of Washington. Terry Rowe is the owner. Communicating with him about 4 wheels he has. Says backspace is about 4" --- how much difference does it make between the modern repos which have 3 1/2" backspace and the originals for my 67 which had 4 1/2?

I had a set of those shallow ones on my 69 GS with a wide tire. It was hard to get the rear tires on and off the car. I now have the right rims and its still tricky but not as bad as the other ones. The rear wheel welt openings are pretty generous on a 67 Skylark.  More so than my car. You may not have that problem depending on how wide your tires are.