Parts needed 1922 Buick 8 cylinder

CodeBlue

CodeBlue,   Very nice Doctors Coupe you have there.  I think its more likely to be a  6 cylinder than an 8.  Can,t help you out with a distributor cap,  but there are a couple of members on the Forum with 1922 Buicks who may be able to give advice.  The 21 and 22 distributor was different to earlier and later ones, having the short clips.  Here,s some info in the 22 which may help.

21-22 sg.jpeg

1921-22 sg a.jpeg

I have a 1922 model 45 touring car that had one broken clip on the distributor like those show below.  I ordered one from Tom Vanmeeteren at tsvanmeet@gmail.com.  He sells vintage Buick ignition parts.  Very nice gentleman, try him.  

!cid_3fcebd0a-7bd3-45c3-820c-614806ffdcb7@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

Starter-gen.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, Old buicks 2 said:

Codeblue,   yes I can help you out with the dist cap and hold down clips.   I also have points and rotors available,  everything is NOS.      give me a ring   402-359-5762 or 402-926-6909 cell   tsvanmeet@gmail.com    Tom VanMeeteren

I will give you a call over the weekend. Thanks

On 9/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, Terry Wiegand said:

Blue,

Am I correct in thinking that your Buick is a Model 48.  I have a very nice, mostly original 1922 Model 48.  Could you post some interior photos of your car.  We all love photos on here - the more the better.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Hi Terry, No it is a 22-46      3 passenger Opera coupe. I will post pictures of it soon. I have it in storage in Nevada and I dont get there very often but I will post pictures of when I picked it up. 

Here are a few more pictures of my 1922 Buick 22-46 3 passenger opera coupe. 

Here is a short story about my car.   I am the 3rd owner.

A friend  of mine purchased the car from the original owner in 1968 in Hayward CA. He purchased it with the intent of having his daughter drive it to and from high school, she said NO. 

So there it sat being driven off and on for over 30 years. When my friend passed away I waited a few years and asked his daughter if she would sell it. 12 years after his passing I got the car. 

All the light lenses and trim were in the trunk packed away neatly.  Some light restoration was done to the car 40 something years ago. The interior is all original but the carpet is bad and the door panels are not to good.  I have the tool kit, lots of paperwork including a 1924 headlight inspection certificate and more. I even have the original spare tire still in the original cover.  Yes, the large towers on the front are early Westinghouse air shocks.  These are pictures of it when i picked it up in Feb 2013. I washed it and the paint shines. 

untitled 1.png

untitled 2.png

untitled 3.png

untitled 4.png

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, Old buicks 2 said:

Codeblue,   yes I can help you out with the dist cap and hold down clips.   I also have points and rotors available,  everything is NOS.      give me a ring   402-359-5762 or 402-926-6909 cell   tsvanmeet@gmail.com    Tom VanMeeteren

Hi Tom, Here is a picture of my eng. What I am in need of is Dist Hold down clip. If you have 2 I might as well have a spare.  If you have a cap I might do that as well.  

22 buick eng.jpg