alsfarms

Brass, single tire, side mount brackets needed

I am looking for a set of brass, single tire mount, brackets that hold the spare tire on the running board of a brass era car.  The reproduction Model T brackets are not quite  large enough to hold a 34 x 4-1/2 tire that I am using.  Do you have a set you are not using?

Al

Edited by alsfarms
addition for clarity (see edit history)

Somewhere , I think I have an unused double-spare set.

• Like 1

Antique Auto Top Hardware Co. Kim Dawson. He has new brass castings, and a great catalog of many early brass items.  TIM

• Like 1

Tim,  Thanks for the response.  I  will check with your source.

Al

Posted (edited)
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, alsfarms said:

I am looking for a set of brass, single tire mount, brackets that hold the spare tire on the running board of a brass era car.  The reproduction Model T brackets are not quite  large enough to hold a 34 x 4-1/2 tire that I am using.  Do you have a set you are not using?

Al

Is this what you are looking for?  They are made for 34 x 4 1/2 or 34 x 5 tires.  They were made for my '1915 Buick truck.  I will be at Hershey.

tire brackets.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Larry,  How do these side mount brackets mount/orient to your Buick.  Do you have a picture of these mounted?

Al

Al... I have an adjustable spare bracket but I think it might be for the side of the body. I'll find it and take a photo.

jp

• Like 1

Hello Joe,

I have been away for a week or so so I have not been active posting.  Thanks for looking at your spare tire bracket.  The type brackets that I need are one or two lower brackets and likely two upper adjustable brackets.  I hope what you have will be workable for me.

Regards,

Al

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, alsfarms said:

Hello Larry,  How do these side mount brackets mount/orient to your Buick.  Do you have a picture of these mounted?

Al

Here ya go.

Tire holder attachment.jpg

• Like 1