Cast steel Cadillac step - really old

erniet

Cadillac did use such cast iron steps on their one cylinder cars before about 1910. The smaller round one was usually the front step for touring cars, or the only (one each side) step into a runabout. The larger one was usually used for access into the rear seat of side-entrance tonneau and/or touring cars. If I recall correctly. Also, these steps were used on the earlier and lesser models without running boards which were on many of their cars through those years.

The round was also used on each side of the front seat on the1904, Model B, Rear entrance tonneau. The rear entrance in 1904 was in the center of the back body panel and did not use either style of plate. Franklinman is correct for the side entrance models.

I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me.  You  guys are all specialize automobile people.  I'm a named buggy step collector.  At present time I've only got4 cast steps from early autos and a Buick truck.  I've got a website for my steps and I try to tell a little about each step IF I find valid info about the step.  On the display that I take to different shows I try to get a photo of the cars and truck to illustrate the step.  So I really appreciate the photo caddyshack attached.

Thanks again!

• 2 years later...

All single cylinder Cadillacs used cast iron step until running boards were used on some models in 1908. The rear step with cut wholes were used from 1906 onwards. I have been looking for the solid rear steps for my 1905 Model F, If anyone would have one or a pair for sale. 

F2F5C434-5C20-49DE-BC11-6CE6E911C199.png

8D055DBC-EA72-4743-BA4A-97A528A5410E.jpeg