Sign in to follow this  
beardog49

quarter window repair, 90 TC

The drivers quarter window on my TC has never rolled all the way down since I owned it. The 

car is ready to go back on the road and would like to fix this. It was going down and leaving six inches exposed.

GEEK WINDOW. I lubed the rail and guide  and got it to go down to about two inches. It wont go any further, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by beardog49 (see edit history)

Don't force it, first off. Your best bet is to take the assembly out, clean it, relube it, reinstall it. Not a fun, easy, or fast thing to do, but it sure is nice when those 1/4 windows work correctly!

I am in Carson City, nv. 

Possibly one of the only cities with two identical TC's in their pick and pull.

I did fix the quarter window prob today. Not sure how. I had been baffled by all the

instructions. I could not see into the well. Then one of those firm slap on the forehead 

moments. Duh, open the damn tonneau. Oh, I can SEE. 

Didn't help much so before I started tearing into it, I started working it and  WD40. 

Long story short, it stuck almost all the way up. I kinda grabbed it and shook it a bit, or maybe a lot, has been working perfectly since then.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Reaper1 said:

Don't force it, first off. Your best bet is to take the assembly out, clean it, relube it, reinstall it. Not a fun, easy, or fast thing to do, but it sure is nice when those 1/4 windows work correctly!

Reaper1 suggested removing it, here is the easy way, but patching the hole is more difficult!

fullsizeoutput_dd7.thumb.jpeg.0e2800f92bd837b231ab20f17d55563e.jpeg

At least you can get a general idea of how the window is situated in the 1/4 panel.

• Haha 1

Sounds like it possibly got stuck on the upper guide, but you knocked it back into position. I think you should be good now. There's a little adjustable bumper on the mechanism frame that can adjust the maximum "up" position. If/when the rubber bumper disappears the window *might* get stuck again, but probably only if you roll it up without a top on it.