help for a new DB owner

I recently purchased what I was told to be a 1927 Dodge Brothers Sedan. I was not looking for one but couldn't pass up on what I think was a good deal. (besides my wife likes it too). Since the purchase I was contacted by 2 different people who also wanted the car and they tell me it is a 1929. Because I am new to the 1920's era of cars I am asking for your help. I have not even gotten the car home yet so I can't tell you much. It is a four door with rear doors opening reverse of the front (suicide) and it has a 6 cylinder engine. There are six windows not counting the rear and front windsheilds. The front windshield has a crank to open it as do the door and rearmost side windows. The two rear side windows and the back window have curtains that you can pull down on the inside. There is a dome light with a switch on the inside roof. On the rear floor is a footrest which you can raise or lower. On the back of the front seat is a handrail. The spare tire is mounted to the back of the car. The wooden spoked wheels have pinstiping on them. There is a plate on the floor in the front but I don't recall the number. It may have been DB-1956.

Hope I don't sound too stupid, I am going to learn a lot more about this beautiful automobile right away.

Any help as to the year or information as to production numbers is greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting the car home and joining your club.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

smith@teisprint.com

Jake,

It sounds like you are the proud owner of a '30 series Senior-6 . The first of the '30 's began on July 1st '29 with DB-1. By Jan. '30 they were up to DB-2366. The last of these Seniors was DB-2999 on May 6 '30. Rather rare these beautiful machines. Good Luck and enjoy!

Yeah Jake, if this serial number starts with DB you are in clover. A desireable and beautiful car. Probably 4-speed transmission too. The DB Club has been publishing a series on the Senior Six. When you join you can get address to buy back issues. I assume you are going to restore this big bus as original. You will love it.

Ok Guys I got it home. Don't know if this is good or bad news but the serial # is DA-1765. The title says it is a 1927 but like I said 2 other guys say it is 1929. I would like to post pics here if I can. I would gladly e-mail pictures to anyone who wants to help. All help is appreciated in identifying this car re: model, production figures, availability and source for parts etc.

Thanks a million,

Jake

smith@teisprint.com dodge brothers in subject line